Do you process your pictures before posting them?

Discuss your photos here
hpbirkeland

Re: Do you process your pictures before posting them?

Post by hpbirkeland » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:37 pm

pogmomadra wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:13 pm
I do raw pics also but don't very often post to CaS as the file size tends to be very large.
Pog Mo Madra !
What do you mean by that? You can export the file size you want from your raw developer. I only shoot raw, and the jpg files I upload to CaS are less than 1 MB. Wouldn't call that very large?

marius

Post by marius » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:41 am

I think that if your camera is capable of recording RAW images its a pity to use it only for JPG's. In most of the cases your edited JPG is better than camera's. Of course you can add your own creativity to the final JPG, how much and how obvious is this for the viewer depends on you and that particular image. With some images is clear that they don't look natural after too much editing... but even this is subjective. On the other side, editorial images may have other requirements, they have to describe the scene exactly as it was at the moment of recording and not altered in any way... but I don't think that's the case here.

Andy61

Post by Andy61 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:25 pm

I always shoot in RAW and then edit my photos before posting them. IMO any image is improved with a bit of editing. I enjoy the editing almost as much as taking the photographs. I use Capture One Pro 10 which is cheap to buy if you have a Sony camera.