$100 Photo competition rules

Discuss your photos here
tomoswald

Re: $100 Photo competition rules

Post by tomoswald » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:36 pm

sphaisell wrote:I can't work out how to add a photo I have already uploaded (I uploaded it yesterday) to the competition album. There isn't an option in "edit photo". Do I need to re-upload the photo?
go to the photo, go to 'add to album' scroll down the album list until you find the August competition Album

sphaisell

Post by sphaisell » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Ah got it. Thanks!

naabeille

Post by naabeille » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:14 am

Is it just me or the rules of the contest changed in the middle of july's contest? I just found it weird to read the rules now and to see they were not the rules of the contest I thought I participated in. I understand that the changes must be for logistic reasons, but it's still weird to change in the middle of it.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:29 pm

naabeille wrote:Is it just me or the rules of the contest changed in the middle of july's contest? I just found it weird to read the rules now and to see they were not the rules of the contest I thought I participated in. I understand that the changes must be for logistic reasons, but it's still weird to change in the middle of it.
It;s not really the middle of it, 2 days earlier than the competition was going to end, but certainly not the middle

campixprints

Post by campixprints » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:31 pm

Would it be possible to have a Photo contest for photo's taken straight from the camera and a separate contest for "Computer generated Images" !!!!!

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:40 pm

campixprints wrote:Would it be possible to have a Photo contest for photo's taken straight from the camera and a separate contest for "Computer generated Images" !!!!!
I would bet that there isn't one image on this platform that has come 'straight from camera'

shi_yali

Post by shi_yali » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:56 am

tomoswald wrote:
campixprints wrote:Would it be possible to have a Photo contest for photo's taken straight from the camera and a separate contest for "Computer generated Images" !!!!!
I would bet that there isn't one image on this platform that has come 'straight from camera'
Maybe he means photographs vs digital art (such as fractals, renders, etc), but sometimes it is hard to draw the line.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:51 pm

We don't include obvious digital images in the photo competitions

campixprints

Post by campixprints » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:01 pm

Sorry to see that you feel this way Tom, but other than a bit of cropping when absolutely necessary mine are untouched. I take photo's with a camera I do not create them on a computer in photoshop. I wouldn't have a clue how to retouch a photo or to do layers.

robbe76

Post by robbe76 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:17 pm

campixprints wrote:Sorry to see that you feel this way Tom, but other than a bit of cropping when absolutely necessary mine are untouched. I take photo's with a camera I do not create them on a computer in photoshop. I wouldn't have a clue how to retouch a photo or to do layers.
If the photo is jpeg it's not completely untouched. Either it's processed as a generic adjustment in the camera according to which profile you choose (e.g. "Sports"), or you do specific adjustments on the computer, where it's up to you how much you want to modify it.