Not the author of a photo!

Discuss your photos here
vervest

Not the author of a photo!

Post by vervest » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:52 pm

I"m a newbie here and while setting up my page on clickasnap I decided to have a look at other peoples work! To my surprise I saw photos that I had seen on free stock photo sites like Unsplash and Pixabay. While I can not say for sure that the photo's are not taken by the subscriber on here its seems funny that these photo's pop up on the free stock photo sights as well. Then, I was looking on the Clickasnap YouTube channel when a video popped up from another YouTuber explaining how to earn money on Clickasnap using free stock photo's! I appreciate that it must be hard to police peoples authorship of photo's but it does P**s me off when there are genuine photographers here who are actually publishing their own work (like me).

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done given that Clickersnap is trying to make sure the work is authentic and that the work published here is of a reasonable quality.

If you got to the end of this thanks for reading!

belzybob

Re: Not the author of a photo!

Post by belzybob » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:34 pm

vervest wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:52 pm
I"m a newbie here and while setting up my page on clickasnap I decided to have a look at other peoples work! To my surprise I saw photos that I had seen on free stock photo sites like Unsplash and Pixabay. While I can not say for sure that the photo's are not taken by the subscriber on here its seems funny that these photo's pop up on the free stock photo sights as well. Then, I was looking on the Clickasnap YouTube channel when a video popped up from another YouTuber explaining how to earn money on Clickasnap using free stock photo's! I appreciate that it must be hard to police peoples authorship of photo's but it does P**s me off when there are genuine photographers here who are actually publishing their own work (like me).

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done given that Clickersnap is trying to make sure the work is authentic and that the work published here is of a reasonable quality.

If you have grounds to believe that a photo is somebody else's work, just click on the report button. It opens a window, make a brief comment and click the report button. It will be reviewed by site management and if confirmed the user will be banned. Don't be put off if it is a 'Seller' or 'Pro' account, as plenty of those have been blatant reposters.

JLowPhotos

Post by JLowPhotos » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:11 pm

vervest wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:52 pm

Tom (CaS owner) is currently testing a system that will remove slot of these pirated images. It's still being used on the beta/test site to make sure that it's working perfectly but hopefully this will be added to the live sooner rather than later. Until it goes live best advice is what Bob said, report the images.

vervest

Post by vervest » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:35 pm

Thanks for that JLowphotos and Tom I'll go back and have look at the one I defiantly know is ripped off and report it.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:51 am

Yea, this is one of our higher priorities as we do not tolerate or encourage this sort of behaviour. None of those videos are done or endorsed by us and our site is being portrayed in a way that is entirely inaccurate to merely allow the creator of the video to get views

vervest

Post by vervest » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:07 am

I suppose it’s inevitable that that sort of stuff is going to happen and it must be difficult to stop it happening.
Going back to the authorship of photos It’s my experience that people who do photography on a regular basis develop some sort of style or liking for a particular subject whether they are professional or amateur and while I would emphasise I’m only an amateur who has been doing photography for sometime I can see in someone’s feed that the difference in the style of the photos is off. That coupled with a few other things just starts to make me suspicious. This is not a particularly scientific way of expressing it and I suppose it’s more a gut reaction. But I appreciate it must be difficult to deal with that sort of stuff if your a growing platform particularly when you see videos like I did on YouTube.

belzybob

Post by belzybob » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:34 am

vervest wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:07 am
I suppose it’s inevitable that that sort of stuff is going to happen and it must be difficult to stop it happening.
Going back to the authorship of photos It’s my experience that people who do photography on a regular basis develop some sort of style or liking for a particular subject whether they are professional or amateur and while I would emphasise I’m only an amateur who has been doing photography for sometime I can see in someone’s feed that the difference in the style of the photos is off. That coupled with a few other things just starts to make me suspicious. This is not a particularly scientific way of expressing it and I suppose it’s more a gut reaction. But I appreciate it must be difficult to deal with that sort of stuff if your a growing platform particularly when you see videos like I did on YouTube.
Those 'gut reactions' are a good first indicator, along with photos that show uncharacteristic excellent composition and post production. I have so many of those filed away in the back of the cranium that they feel like old friends :lol:

dabhand16

Post by dabhand16 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:30 am

vervest wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:07 am
This is not a particularly scientific way of expressing it and I suppose it’s more a gut reaction. But I appreciate it must be difficult to deal with that sort of stuff if your a growing platform particularly when you see videos like I did on YouTube.
Many of us also have this!

tomask

Post by tomask » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Is there an easier way how to find if picture is just downloaded from stock sites then make screenshot and insert it in google image which will show you if there’s same picture somewhere else?
Because on the site are loads of pictures which O don’t trust they are made from those photographers.
So, what is the solutions? Always just report if I’m not sure? It’s pitty, no? But always screenshot and try ... I don’t want to waste that much time.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:50 pm

We're creating an automated system to scan content with the new site