Search Engine Optimization

Share your tips for using ClickASnap here
petermillar

Re: Search Engine Optimization

Post by petermillar » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:57 pm

teomanewman wrote:Did you upload your CAS Profile image as a PNG by chance? Cause the forum refuses to use those, in JPG format it works.. something I found out :)
so far as I know it is a jpg - no idea why it has not shifted onto the forum

thanks for your tips - I'll ask my brother to check for optimization, he's a real numpty so if it works then it's obviously working

three word titles ...

160 characters ....

oh well, discipline I guess

as for tags, that is well confusing - people like alamy seem to expect you to use hundreds!

teomanewman

Post by teomanewman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:12 pm

petermillar wrote:as for tags, that is well confusing - people like alamy seem to expect you to use hundreds!
It's used within a site for search results, so the more you have the better, but the more you have the less respect I have for someone lol. why not just paste a thesaurus in there? Just use what initially comes to mind with the image.
I like to see tags, It can give an insight into how the photographer sees the image.

travel

Post by travel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:51 pm

petermillar wrote:"Search Engine Optimization".

...... most of us don't want to know about white hats, black hats, grey hats or even tin foil hats - we just want to know what to do.
It's simple..... and not very complicated.

Add a good title and description.

Search engines like Google won't know what to present to people searching for images like yours if there is no text on the page to tell them what it's all about.

Michel
Travel Photography on ClickASnap