Gallery of Merit

Share your tips for using ClickASnap here
frankstyburski

Gallery of Merit

Post by frankstyburski » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 pm

I notice that this site gets a lot of submissions.
It's relatively easy to scroll through recent uploads, and popular uploads, but these collections change frequently, and I'm afraid that some really good work gets lost.
My experience with ClickASnap so far is that the useful life of a submission is about 24 hours. After that, it is unlikely that pictures will be seen. It is a lot like facebook in that regard.

Why not have a curated gallery that selects a group show based on photographic/aesthetic merit?
You could change the show every month, or six weeks, much like a brick and mortar gallery in London or New York.
Maybe award a virtual blue ribbon based on member vote, and a judges award, voted on by the curators.
You could archive previous shows if anyone is interested in them.

The selection of one picture over another, and the merits of the the various pictures would generate some additional interest, and dialogue.
The comments section in the gallery would have to be moderated, I guess.

I am open to your thoughts.

Thanks,

Frank

tomoswald

Re: Gallery of Merit

Post by tomoswald » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:28 pm

We brought out a feature today allowing users to sort by likes and views which helps increase the longevity of the best photos

Having a gallery is a good idea however moderating it and curating it would require human intervention which is an expense we would rather not incur currently

We could potenially create one and allow our verified users to pick this is one option

The other option which we are currently experimenting with is actually replacing certain photos in the recently uploaded with randomly selected older photos thus increasing the life time of photos considerably

I would like to find other methods of increasing this time and it is something i spend alot of time thinking about

frankstyburski

Re: Gallery of Merit

Post by frankstyburski » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks, Tom.

The new options bring attention to some amazing pictures!

Frank