Olympus TG

Do you have anything specific to say about any cameras or lenses? Or fancy recommending a really good one you have come across? Post in here
owenevans

Olympus TG

Postby owenevans » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:19 pm

I'm looking at buying a waterproof camera for kayaking trips. I know the image quality won't get near a DSLR, but I don't want to risk expensive camera equipment in a waterproof housing. Does anyone get good results with such cameras? The sample shots I have seen look okay and they are about to release the new TG-5 model.
owenevans

Re: Olympus TG

Postby owenevans » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:59 pm

owenevans

Postby owenevans » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:07 am

Just in case anyone is following this, I received my Olympus TG-5 yesterday. I only had time to try it out in my garden, but so far I'm very impressed. The colours are wonderful and the macro feature far surpasses anything I expected from a compact camera. The RAW files are .ORF which aren't recognised in lightroom, but Olympus have a free photo editing software for these file types.

Looking forward to trying it out whilst kayaking!
roanephoto

Postby roanephoto » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:04 am

I have always wanted a tg-4 and promised myself if I found a good secondhand one at a reasonable price I would buy one. But guess what there aren't any, everybody hangs on to them because they are so good lol. :roll:

Return to “Cameras & lenses”