Phone recommendation

Do you have anything specific to say about any cameras or lenses? Or fancy recommending a really good one you have come across? Post in here
tony-smith

Phone recommendation

Postby tony-smith » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm looking at upgrading my rather ancient Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and would like to get a new phone with a decent camera on it. I'm a bit against buying into the Apple thing and as I already have a Windows phone supplied by my employer that I don't get on with, I'm looking at staying with an Android phone. Do any of you have any experience/recommendations of phones with a decent camera, or any images on Clickasnap taken with your recommended phones that I could see please? Post links to your phone pics below please. And your reasons for your recommendations.

Thanks.
tomoswald

Re: Phone recommendation

Postby tomoswald » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:26 am

The nokia phone is supposed to be amazing. I'm an apple user however
mariusionut96

Postby mariusionut96 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 am

If it's not too late, I can recommend you the Nexus 5X or the 6P, depending on the desired size.
The OnePlus 3T has also a good camera. If you need some more lowlight performance out of your phone, I can recommend the Samsung Galaxy S7 or the S8.
If you want to try the newer dual-lens options, you got Huawei P9 or P10 (1 monochrome sensor, 1 normal sensor), the LG G6 (1 normal lens, 1 wide-angle lens), or OnePlus 5 (1 normal lens, 1 "telephoto" lens with 2x optical zoom).
That's all I can think of right now, I hope it helps you decide. Cheers!
tony-smith

Postby tony-smith » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:14 pm

Thanks for your inputs. I ended up getting the Samsung Galaxy S7. It arrived a few days ago. Haven't yet had a play with the camera, but I've noticed that it shoots in RAW also, which is a bonus. Looking forward to trying it out soon. The Lightroom mobile app has been installed ready :D

Return to “Cameras & lenses”