Nikkor 24mm f2.8D

Do you have anything specific to say about any cameras or lenses? Or fancy recommending a really good one you have come across? Post in here
vimagoes

Nikkor 24mm f2.8D

Post by vimagoes » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi, I have just bought this lense for my D3300. Yes I know is a FX lense but in my DX camera it will behave like a 35mm, or so, 24x1.5=36. I have already got the Nikkor 35mm 1.8G DX AF-S and I am extremely happy with it, BUT, I have a lack of control when the light is poor. Let me to clarify this. The 35mm open up to 1.8 and the 24mm up to 2.8, so the 1.8 should be better right? but when the light is not so good you cannot be 100% sure your subject in in focus. With the 24mm I am able to set the aperture and the distance to my subject and voila!!! I will know straight away my DoF and everything within it will be in focus. I know there are more lenses out there that can perform better in similar situations but when you have a limited budget you have to drop your expectations down. Anyway I think is a great lense but I would like to know your opinions and/or experiences about these lenses.