What mirrorless camera would you pick?

Do you have anything specific to say about any cameras or lenses? Or fancy recommending a really good one you have come across? Post in here
foreigner

Re: What mirrorless camera would you pick?

Post by foreigner » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:42 pm

dabhand16 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:39 am
At my camera club someone told me a story of somebody in a different club who had to give up photography due to Parkinsons preventing him from holding the camera steady.

They had Olympus visit their club to give a presentation of their MFT kit and the rep gave this guy an OM-D E-M10 to try, probably a mk 2 or even mk 1 back then. This resulted in him getting great pictures and now he is still actively shooting.
That's awesome.

My mind is still boggled by Tom's 4-sec shot. :shock:

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:49 pm

Apparently it can do 11 seconds. Might try that later

JustynTime

Post by JustynTime » Tue May 17, 2022 9:55 pm

I've been really impressed with my Olympus OM5 MKiii. I know that a lot of photographers complain about the size of the micro 4/3rds sensor but it means that the camera and lens are smaller and so easier to carry and less imposing when doing things like street photography. The quality of the Olympus pro lens is also fantastic.

For the majority of photographers who aren't shooting billboard sized photos problems with increased iso noise compared to APS-C or full frame sensors is just pixel peeping in my opinion and isn't a real problem or noticeable.

I would definitely recommend the Olympus cameras and they are definitely worth considering.

belzybob

Post by belzybob » Wed May 18, 2022 10:56 am

JustynTime wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 9:55 pm
I've been really impressed with my Olympus OM5 MKiii. I know that a lot of photographers complain about the size of the micro 4/3rds sensor but it means that the camera and lens are smaller and so easier to carry and less imposing when doing things like street photography. The quality of the Olympus pro lens is also fantastic.

For the majority of photographers who aren't shooting billboard sized photos problems with increased iso noise compared to APS-C or full frame sensors is just pixel peeping in my opinion and isn't a real problem or noticeable.

I would definitely recommend the Olympus cameras and they are definitely worth considering.
Totally agree, plus as I probably have medium sized hands, the size of the body fits perfectly. If I want use a really discrete camera I resort to my Sony RX100 VII. Both cameras have more functions that I can ever recall these days!

JustynTime

Post by JustynTime » Wed May 18, 2022 7:03 pm

belzybob wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:56 am

Totally agree, plus as I probably have medium sized hands, the size of the body fits perfectly. If I want use a really discrete camera I resort to my Sony RX100 VII. Both cameras have more functions that I can ever recall these days!
I have a Sony RX100 too, although I think mine is a V. Great choice. I also picked up an Olympus Pen PL-7 body for about £70 on eBay recently. It makes a great second body when I don’t want to take out my ‘best’ camera as it fits all the M4/3rds lens and is still capable of really top results.

I think that for probably 99% of photographers we are the limiting factor on the quality of our images and not the camera we use. That said I always love a new toy :lol:

belzybob

Post by belzybob » Thu May 19, 2022 1:18 pm

JustynTime wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:03 pm

That said I always love a new toy :lol:
This preoccupation with new technology is very wearing and for most people pointless. I have an early EM-10 and EM-5, plus the RX-100. Both OM cameras will accommodate the amazing lenses that I have, but apart from a few software smarts will take much the same photos as any later models.
I have a pet concept that there are three C's in photography:
  • Content
    Composition
    Competence
Any absence in those three points will probably result in below par photos. A total absence of good content or adequate composition will result in a totally negative outcome. Competence in the equipment will add to the quality of the photo.