What mirrorless camera would you pick?

Do you have anything specific to say about any cameras or lenses? Or fancy recommending a really good one you have come across? Post in here
tomoswald

Re: What mirrorless camera would you pick?

Post by tomoswald » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:14 pm

I went for the Sony alpha and i am extremely impressed with it. And it's a fraction of the size my 5D was

dylanburgess

Post by dylanburgess » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:28 am

Good choice IMO. So many new lens planned for mirrorless going forward, not just from Sony but third party too and they seem to be getting quicker and lighter...bonus :D well except for the lens I tend to use :lol:

imp1934

Post by imp1934 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:24 am

I've been wedded to Canon from the start and having built up a range of lenses I stuck to them. Going to mirrorless was the brake point but I I guess the adapter convinced me to stick with them.

I have had a EOR-R for a year now and mated to their excellent lenses it's a winner for me. It's only 30MP though (full frame) so I am looking to upgrade as they increase the camera range (as they have) but I'm having to save up for that !

I have posted images from my early EOS300D recently though (from 2004) and I was surprised at the quality so perhaps I should increase my skills before investing in anything further ?

I can't see many votes for the Canon though - does anyone else use it ?

mark2uk

Post by mark2uk » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:11 pm

Towards the end of last year I switched from the Sony Alpha series to the Canon EOS RP and got a couple of RF lenses.

Canon are making big strides in the mirrorless market and seem to be giving Sony a real challenge.

Why did I switch to Canon? Because when I compared the Sony mirrorless with the canon mirrorless, the Canon still felt like a camera if that makes sense. I find the Sony just very rectangular.

I'm glad I made the switch - I love it!
If I had the money I would go for the R5.

I am looking to see if I should get an adapter and pick up some of the good EF lenses.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:27 pm

My other half has permanent borrowed my Sony ARiv so i plan to buy her the ARii. I'm hoping it's still good even if it is a few generations old

imp1934

Post by imp1934 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:42 pm

mark2uk wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:11 pm
Towards the end of last year I switched from the Sony Alpha series to the Canon EOS RP and got a couple of RF lenses.

Canon are making big strides in the mirrorless market and seem to be giving Sony a real challenge.

Why did I switch to Canon? Because when I compared the Sony mirrorless with the canon mirrorless, the Canon still felt like a camera if that makes sense. I find the Sony just very rectangular.

I'm glad I made the switch - I love it!
If I had the money I would go for the R5.

I am looking to see if I should get an adapter and pick up some of the good EF lenses.
Yes I'm saving up for that too - have you seen the animal eye feature ?

mark2uk

Post by mark2uk » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:05 pm

Yes I'm saving up for that too - have you seen the animal eye feature ?
Yes, Its not something i've really used yet though

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:13 pm

Just swapped the Somy ARiv for the Canon EOS R5. It’s image stabilisation technology is incredible. This is a 4 second hand held exposure https://www.clickasnap.com/i/d8ondgqnv7uku8e6

dabhand16

Post by dabhand16 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:39 am

At my camera club someone told me a story of somebody in a different club who had to give up photography due to Parkinsons preventing him from holding the camera steady.

They had Olympus visit their club to give a presentation of their MFT kit and the rep gave this guy an OM-D E-M10 to try, probably a mk 2 or even mk 1 back then. This resulted in him getting great pictures and now he is still actively shooting.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:05 am

That’s a great story. Cudos to Olympus cameras for that