Drones

Do you have anything specific to say about any cameras or lenses? Or fancy recommending a really good one you have come across? Post in here
stevehphotos

Drones

Post by stevehphotos » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:02 am

I'm thinking about purchasing a drone but I can't decide between the Mavic Pro or the GoPro Karma,

I like the size of the Mavic which makes it more portable especially when travelling, but I want to get a GoPro Hero 5 Black camera for some underwater filming which of course would make the Karma a more sensible option but it's a big drone!

I have never flown a drone before and also I am wondering if I would get much use of one here at home in the UK, I understand that there are quite a few restrictions on where you can fly these things too.

Comments and suggestions from drone users very welcome.

I am off to Hawaii in late August so need to know before then as I will need practice flying before I leave.

Thanks in advance! :D

tomoswald

Re: Drones

Post by tomoswald » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:27 pm

I had the DJI phantom 3 drone and it was an awedome bit of kit. Personall i'd go for the DJI over the seperate go pro as the unit tends to be alot more compact

As for laws just dont go within 3 miles of an airport. Most modern drones have software in that stops them being flown illegally anyhow