Screen Ratio

Do you have an idea for the platform? Post it in here
DustineMC

Screen Ratio

Post by DustineMC » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:34 am

Good morning,
Would it not be possible to add a selection in print options, to select the image ratio I want my pictures in, before going through the sizes?
I've just uploaded an image in 2.1 format, and there's only one print that fits this ratio. 20/10.
I had to search through the print sizes to find this was my only option.
It's an odd ratio, so the limited number of options is not great, but understandable for now, however...
If the option to select a ratio came prior to selecting products, only showing available products for said ratio, the process would be less time consuming.

Dust

wildcard

Re: Screen Ratio

Post by wildcard » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:17 pm

Agreed, this is one of the main reasons why the shop isn't really working for me in its current format.

Also, a lot of my images are more of a letterbox format, eg 2:1, 16:9, etc. The print options do not cater for these formats and only allow to clip the sides of the image rather than to fit the width. I appreciate that in an automatic system this would result in white at the top and bottom of the image but surely OVI would adjust the mat to suit?

tomoswald

Re: Screen Ratio

Post by tomoswald » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Yes, the OVI printing process is manual and highly rated. They will always crop to the image regardless of white space