Customize thumbnail?

Do you have an idea for the platform? Post it in here
foreigner

Customize thumbnail?

Post by foreigner » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 am

Hi Tom and Co

Would it be possible to add an adjustment to the thumbnails for portrait-oriented photos? This is an issue mainly in the Feed and Related Photos section, where only a portion of portrait photos are shown. The automatic setting of using the uppermost part of the photo works well in many cases, but not all.

For example, I just uploaded this photo of my wife enjoying her happy place. :D https://www.clickasnap.com/i/h1ptaachxyryu4ty

It looks great on the site. However, because the focus is in the lower third/half, not the upper, the thumbnail is terrible and no one is going to ever click it (unless for pitiful curiousity). This is what I get in the feed:

Any chance you could add an adjustment for that? Nothing fancy, like totally adjustable/croppable, but maybe a simple slider that would let us choose which portion of the image shows?

Thanks!
Nathan

tomoswald

Re: Customize thumbnail?

Post by tomoswald » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 am

Hi Nathan, thanks for your feedback. We will be doing some work on this issue very soon :)

marius

Post by marius » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:05 am

Thumbnails changed several times but is very true that the actual solution in the Feed page is not the best one. It would be great for thumbnails to be more relevant for the image itself all over the website not only in the Feed page :-)

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:48 am

Yea I don’t disagree Marius

foreigner

Post by foreigner » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:44 am

tomoswald wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 am
Hi Nathan, thanks for your feedback. We will be doing some work on this issue very soon :)
Great, thanks!