Categories

Do you have an idea for the platform? Post it in here
casadechrisso

Re: Categories

Post by casadechrisso » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:57 am

I like the idea with night photography, I'm already making a category wishlist myself. At least in my case the night photography I have in mind has nothing to do with astrophotography, so I'll second the suggestion. I also think it'd be good if we could assign more than one category, in the above case it'd be nighttime/street, or I have many environment portraits that might also fit into people&places, and so on.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:31 pm

Ok, we're revisting categories at a later date. Whilst i personally like the idea of a very fine resolution (eg lots of categories, how would browsers feel when presented with, say, 20 cats..? There are currently 14

casadechrisso

Post by casadechrisso » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:09 pm

What would you think about making the Astrophotography a more broader "Nighttime" then? Just an idea.
Filters might be an idea for a later date, so you can decide to uncheck some categories you're absolutely not interested in if overwhelmed).
I don't know how many people go right to the categories section when they visit, in my case I'd always have to go to "Show all" and then right to the last entry anyway (speaking of portrait), so I usually just go to "recent" to check what's new - well, at least that's how I do it now on my 2nd day after signing up. :)

If I was looking for something very specific like on a stock photography site, I'd probably prefer a very detailed list to choose from, maybe an extra screen with lists and filters - probably again something for a later date.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:23 pm

All valid points. We'll definitely be looking into it later this year bug dependent

brshutterbug

Post by brshutterbug » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Thank you for the quick reply Tom, most of the images I shoot at night are not of the stars but, instead, they are of land based things, sometimes light painted, sometimes not. If you take a quick glance at my profile, the latest images that I have posted would be the ones to go into a Nightscape type of catagory.

Many thanks
Bill

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:56 pm

No worries Bill, i"ll get them added when i've got a couple other things complete

kenmcdougalphoto

Post by kenmcdougalphoto » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 pm

We have:

Landscapes and Seascapes ...

Why not add a category called Cloudscapes

Sometimes I love to photograph just the morning or evening cloud patterns
without any of the land. I have many Cloudscape images that are Awesome
and could actually be put in print as a Fine Art Piece, but right now they really
don't fit in those other Categories so I have to Categorize them as Nature.

Would like to see this added.

Just a thought.

Ken