Constructive criticism

Do you have an idea for the platform? Post it in here
TimHill

Constructive criticism

Post by TimHill » Sat May 16, 2020 9:00 am

Hi Tom,

None of the below are complaints, I love the platform, just constructive criticism...

1) I like to add 30% to any products I set up in the store, this means getting the calculator out and using fingers and toes! please could 30% be a click of a button like 5,10 & 20% is currently.

2) This one is tied to the above, I spend much time adding products to the store, only for them to disappear and then appear almost at random, this could be a deal breaker for some using ClickASnap as a store in future.

3) This platform is obviously optimised for Chrome browser, since 1998 (I'm old) I have used Firefox, ClickASnap is not a good experience to say the least using the latest build of Firefox, to use this platform smoothly I have to switch to Chrome, again maybe a deal breaker for some when it comes to sticking with ClickASnap.

4) I believe this is being worked on but the store needs more eye candy, first impressions could make or break a sale, well maybe...

5) API - lots of us have websites and would love to show our ClickASnap products as a gallery on the website instead of just links to store pages on here.

I hope the above is constructive Tom, you are doing a great job!

Kind regards
Tim

tomoswald

Re: Constructive criticism

Post by tomoswald » Sat May 16, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks Tim, some of these issues will be dealt with when we introduce the auto product creation system later this year :)

Issue (1) will be dealt with as part of the auto product system

Issue (2) is being worked on at the moment, with a fix out next week most likely

We would love to support other browsers but with firefox used by ~4% (https://gs.statcounter.com/) of internet users it is not currently worth us spending precious resources on

Could you expand on the 'eye candy' statement please?

Whilst an API can ve produced it would be upto a third party host to adapt to it. As soon as we have these companies willing to work with us it is definitely something we will introduce. An alternative will be likely to introduce embeddable galleries/shops

Thanks for the feedback Tim, all useful stuff :)

TimHill

Post by TimHill » Sat May 16, 2020 10:27 am

Thanks Tom,

Firefox as low as 4% WOW! I think it may be time for me to have a think about switching to Chrome permanently, interesting! :o

Scrub the 'eye candy' comment, having looked further around the store things have changed since I was last here and all does look nice, sorry for wasting your time on that one :roll:

'embeddable galleries/shops' would be superb, just the ticket!

Great to hear about the 'auto product system' 8-)

Thank you for your time and enjoy the weekend Tom

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat May 16, 2020 10:30 am

You're welcome Tim

Have a good weekend!