Bogus Accounts

Do you have an idea for the platform? Post it in here
wildcard

Bogus Accounts

Post by wildcard » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:44 am

Hi Tom,

I'm getting lots of subscribers who are clearly bogus accounts with no or hardly any images uploaded.

Would it be worth having a mandatory upload on signing up - say five images? I know you wouldn't want to put barriers in the way of sign-ups but genuine people would have images ready to go.

Also, whilst there is a way to report individual images I can't see a way of reporting accounts, which is difficult if they don't have any images!

If you do have a way of reporting accounts, best not make it an automatic suspension otherwise it could be used maliciously.

Thanks,

Matt

tomoswald

Re: Bogus Accounts

Post by tomoswald » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:20 am

Hi Matt,

Good idea, but what about those who just sign up to browse and comment?

We're bringing in some measures in one of the bug sprints to change the sign up process which will hopefully alleviate some of the issues

wildcard

Post by wildcard » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:16 am

Agreed, but surely the main purpose of the platform is to upload photos.

Good to hear about the new measures, hopefully that will improve things. I'm sure we all want Clickasnap to have the best reputation amongst its competitors regarding the quality of its user base and images. This is where the cool kids are! :lol:

All the best,

Matt

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:42 am

It is, but equally we want non photographers to be members to browse and potentially buy our photographers products. Stopping them from joining would be a mistake and reduce the community significantly