Uploading re-tweaked photos

Do you have an idea for the platform? Post it in here
Photoman60
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:25 pm

Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by Photoman60 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:32 pm

I may have suggested this before (if I have, just ignore) but have you ever considered allowing the option of replacing a photo that is in the database with a corrected version? For example I upload a photo in the DB however upon closer inspection it is a bit dark, light, uneven, etc...I correct said image, but have no desire delete the older photo and its place in the gallery, merely to replace it with the corrected photo. Any chance of implementing this in the near future?
Last edited by Photoman60 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomoswald
Posts: 4702
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by tomoswald » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:47 pm

it is in the todo list,yes

Photoman60
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by Photoman60 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:33 pm

Thanks, Tom

dabhand16
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:55 am

Re: Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by dabhand16 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:08 pm

Photoman60 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:32 pm
I may have suggested this before (if I have, just ignore) but have you ever considered allowing the option of replacing a photo that is in the database with a corrected version? For example I upload a photo in the DB however upon closer inspection it is a bit dark, light, uneven, etc...I correct said image, but have no desire delete the older photo and its place in the gallery, merely to replace it with the corrected photo. Any chance of implementing this in the near future?
I'm waiting for this too. I'm on another site where it can be done and it is very useful.

foreigner
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by foreigner » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:16 pm

I would love this! One of the things that I focused on during lockdown was finally investing in an annual subscription to Lightroom, etc and actively working to improve my post-production skills. I still have a lot to learn, but I've been going back through some of my favorite images and in some cases have greatly improved them. Updating/replacing would be a sweet option.

dylanburgess
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by dylanburgess » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm

Just upload the updated photo and if you want delete old....or even better upload new one and put link into the description to old version. This way you can show how/where you have improved(could also get you 2 for 1 views ;) ). Maybe also make a new album to put these photos into a before and after as it were.

tomoswald
Posts: 4702
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by tomoswald » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:28 pm

dylanburgess wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm
Just upload the updated photo and if you want delete old....or even better upload new one and put link into the description to old version. This way you can show how/where you have improved(could also get you 2 for 1 views ;) ). Maybe also make a new album to put these photos into a before and after as it were.
That's a good idea

dylanburgess
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by dylanburgess » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:30 pm

Cheers...some good ideas come from a glass of bourbon :lol:

foreigner
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by foreigner » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:35 pm

dylanburgess wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm
Just upload the updated photo and if you want delete old....or even better upload new one and put link into the description to old version. This way you can show how/where you have improved(could also get you 2 for 1 views ;) ). Maybe also make a new album to put these photos into a before and after as it were.
Hey, that is a good idea. I don't know why I didn't think about linking them in the descriptions. :shock: I like the album idea, too.
dylanburgess wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:30 pm
Cheers...some good ideas come from a glass of bourbon :lol:
Rum for me. Cheers!

dabhand16
Posts: 338
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:55 am

Re: Uploading re-tweaked photos

Post by dabhand16 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:16 am

dylanburgess wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm
Just upload the updated photo and if you want delete old....
That will wipe out the history of likes, comments etc. While I dislike having duplicate images in my profile the idea of linking to the original is something to think about.

Post Reply