Twitter questions

margots

Twitter questions

Post by margots » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:49 pm

So ... I've started a Twitter account for my photos. Now I'm looking into connecting Clickasnap to my Twitter account (might have accidentally authorized already, I'll look into this later...)
The "authorize Clickasnap" page tells me that Clickasnap will have access to various Twitter features on my behalf, including following and unfollowing other accounts, updating my account settings, post and delete tweets, engage with Tweets posted by others (like and un-like, reply, retweet) and mute, block, and report other accounts.
Long story short - are you about to take over my account, delete my posts, unfollow people who I followed, or how far will you go? I'm fine with Clickasnap posting tweets for me, that's what this connecting thing is about, I think I'm also fine with following and unfollowing when it comes to people who I didn't follow myself because I am interested in them, but what does updating my account settings mean? Or will you delete tweets that I posted myself?
Anyone have any experience with this?

tomoswald

Re: Twitter questions

Post by tomoswald » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:04 pm

That’s just a standard text. The only thing Clickasnap does is post tweets

margots

Post by margots » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Great, thanks for the quick reply! I'll go ahead then.

dylanburgess

Post by dylanburgess » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:03 pm

It's all just standard jargon text. You will have no worries authorising the app.

I have followed your account on twitter when I noticed you there and added you to the CaS twitter list. I compiled this list a while ago, so will be going through to see who is still active here and will also add anyone else who would like to join. It just a quick and simple way to see who from CaS has posted.

margots

Post by margots » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 am

Thank you Dylan, I appreciate it!
The auto posting doesn't seem to work yet, but it is too hot today to look into it :-)

dylanburgess

Post by dylanburgess » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:06 am

Mine hasn't worked properly for a couple weeks, but lot's of little bugs due to work being focussed on the new site. But I tend to prefer to manually post most of the time, I get to choose the text and tags etc that I want so can tailor the tweet to needs(just remember character limit).

margots

Post by margots » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:29 am

I did notice it is a bit buggy at the moment, so I'm not going to wrry about things that don't work. I want to keep my sanity :-)