Site updates 18/04/19

marius

Re: Site updates 18/04/19

Post by marius » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:13 am

I saw some of those images with no EXIF content that looked too good to be true :-) Good that you can detect and stop these guys as early as possible.

rtwbart

Post by rtwbart » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:00 am

Morning Tom,

Another post update observation. Image name, 'view' & 'like' stats have now disappeared when hovering the cursor over photos in the explore pages. Perhaps this was changed to encourage viewers to click an image for more information?

As Marius says above I feel that the small photo layout is not so easy to scroll through. This may discourage viewers to look far beyond recent posts. Older posts are harder to find & may become less viewed, especially for those with larger portfolios. Maybe something could be introduced to make it easier to review & access older images?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:23 am

Morning,

No they weren’t removed intentionally will get that addressed.

The navigation of the images hasn’t been changed, it’s merely been moved from a separate page to the profile page to reduce the navigation required to see a users photos. If a user was going to scroll through it before there is no reason why they wouldn’t do it now. As for users viewing larger portfolios there is no way to my knowledge of reducing the content to scroll through without reducing the content available.

I am open to suggestions however

rtwbart

Post by rtwbart » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 am

Thank you Tom, much appreciated.

Apologies I was a little unclear. As a user's photo section is now narrower compared to the former separate page layout I thought portfolios might take longer to scroll through. However revisiting them the images appear to load more quickly and maybe there is less sensory overload with smaller groupings.

Regarding very large portfolios. This may become more noticeable as time moves on and users' galleries grow. Just a suggestion as I'm not sure how easy or costly it would be to implement. Perhaps a page system (e.g. 100 images per page) like some of the POD sites use would enable easier access to all areas of a portfolio? This might avoid having to scroll through every image to get to earlier posts and reduce loading times.

Have a great bank holiday!

Regards,

Richard

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:24 am

It’s certainly something we can look into when or if the issue arises as Clickasnap develops

Have a good bank holiday

marius

Post by marius » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:33 am

Alongside with rtwbart's idea of pagination for Photos maybe a wider horizontal space would be beneficial, as it was previously (and is still now for the Albums). The narrow central column seem appropriate rather for the Feed/News kind of page... less for an overview of a portfolio. Hope that makes sense.