24/09/21

tomoswald

24/09/21

Post by tomoswald » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:04 pm

These are live. Please ensure your cache is cleared
1) new login and password management system
2) New social login management system (available in settings)

These may seem like small updates but they are huge and the most technically complex thing we have had to do to date. These are required for the next expansion phase of the website. All updates from now on will be predominantly user focused

Irene_Carson

Re: 24/09/21

Post by Irene_Carson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:50 am

Thanks for all that work, Tom and team! For what it is worth, I report that now I need to re-log in multiple times during a visit. I did clear my history/cache.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:22 am

Irene_Carson wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:50 am
Thanks for all that work, Tom and team! For what it is worth, I report that now I need to re-log in multiple times during a visit. I did clear my history/cache.
What login method are you using?

Irene_Carson

Post by Irene_Carson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:53 am

tomoswald wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:22 am
Irene_Carson wrote:
Method? I fill in my details on the log-in page. That usually works fine but as I Command/right click on images to open in a new tab a few pages may open as expected, but then I get kicked out and see the generic pages with ads on the following open pages.

Also, when I have not logged out and return later via the "Top Sites" and click on the CAS "icon", I sometimes need to log in again, sometimes not.

Overall, it is not consistent in its treatment.

I use Safari V12.1 on an iMac running Mojave 10.14.4.

I also just updated Firefox to check on there but it appears that you no longer support that because all I get is: "Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit. Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) Server at clickasnap.com Port 80"

Other websites open OK in Firefox.

I realise that Chrome is your preferred Browser but I do not want to install a new Browser on this ancient Mac. Long may it live, too!

Did this help?

If you do not get any other relevant feedback, it could be a Browser issue, in which case you should not worry, not on my behalf, anyway. :D

dabhand16

Post by dabhand16 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:24 am

I use FF on a PC and don't have any issues Irene.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:33 am

Irene_Carson wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:53 am
tomoswald wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:22 am
Irene_Carson wrote:
Method? I fill in my details on the log-in page. That usually works fine but as I Command/right click on images to open in a new tab a few pages may open as expected, but then I get kicked out and see the generic pages with ads on the following open pages.

Also, when I have not logged out and return later via the "Top Sites" and click on the CAS "icon", I sometimes need to log in again, sometimes not.

Overall, it is not consistent in its treatment.

I use Safari V12.1 on an iMac running Mojave 10.14.4.

I also just updated Firefox to check on there but it appears that you no longer support that because all I get is: "Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit. Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) Server at clickasnap.com Port 80"

Other websites open OK in Firefox.

I realise that Chrome is your preferred Browser but I do not want to install a new Browser on this ancient Mac. Long may it live, too!

Did this help?

If you do not get any other relevant feedback, it could be a Browser issue, in which case you should not worry, not on my behalf, anyway. :D
Try clearing your Firefox cache. The bad request is a result of cookies left from the old login system

Also, tick the ‘remember me’ box and you shouldn’t be kicked out anymore

margots

Post by margots » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:48 am

Firefox user here too. I have no trouble signing in, but have gotten kicked out every now and then for the past few days. The same happens on my Android phone. Not a biggie, I sign in again, but maybe you are interested to know.
I clear cookies and cache regularly.

Irene_Carson

Post by Irene_Carson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:11 am

[I am not copying the above communication again here!]

OK, I cleared the Firefox cache. I logged in, ticked "Remember me". Firefox now behaves just like Safari... I opened a few tabs, the first two or three were as expected, the remaining reverted to "guest use." I logged out and closed Firefox. I opened and logged in but am sent to a "400 Bad Request" immediately. – I should not need to clear the cache for each visit... I clear it nonetheless but history repeats itself.

Back to Safari: I cleared the cache again. I logged in, ticked "Remember me". I opened a few tabs. Same as before, a few open as expected, the remainder show the basic page. – I actually only need to click on the "Log in" button and I am back in, no need to fill in the details.

I can email you screenshots if that would be of any help...

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:59 am

When you say open a ‘few tabs’ how many? And are these concurrent or sequentiality opened?

Eg one after the other as normal navigation practices or are you opening them all at the same time?

Irene_Carson

Post by Irene_Carson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:05 am

It can be five or it can be 12 (a lot of suspect photos to look at, I mean a lot of people in my Feed...). One at the time, i.e. hold down Command, click on thumbnail, hold down Command, click on thumbnail... This was never an issue before. I will restart my Mac now and report back.