Picture quality

Don't know how to do something? Check here first
tomoswald

Re: Picture quality

Post by tomoswald » Sun May 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Unfortunately without seeing the originals and having a monitor calibrated to match yours exactly, comparisons between photos is simply not possible, and that’s before you bring individual subjectivity into it. All i can say is image quality is always something we are looking to optimise

neilfrisby

Post by neilfrisby » Sun May 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Yeah OK Tom.
Cheers.

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Fri May 18, 2018 3:00 am

Yes, I too have noticed that some image thumbnails on this site look grainy but when you click on the image they look fine.

I also had this issue when I uploaded a sharp 5MB image. I left the True Form option on the default section (the top) and I slightly moved, I think only the top 2 sliders, to the left and that removed the grain. My photo looks fine on here.

But, here's the twist, I accidentally shared my photo to my profile page instead of to facebook, and that 2nd copy of my photo looks somewhat grainy, which is really strange. Both photos are appearing on my profile page and I can see the difference. My rocky beach photo at the top of my profile page is grainy but if you scroll down toward the bottom of my profile to the other copy of the photo then it is clear. What's going on? I don't get it.

Can someone take a look and see if they see what I'm talking about? https://www.clickasnap.com/lauracaptain

Thanks,
Laura

tomoswald wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:59 am
I can see some grain on the thumbnail but the full size image looks fine here Neil

The thumbnail can be adjusted by using the trueform tech on the edit picture page fyi