Post by tomoswald » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:35 pm

Learn how to sell a photo with the ClickASnap Marketplace

http://blog.clickasnap.com/2017/01/17/t ... lickasnap/

bobedwards

Re: Selling your photos with ClickASnap

Post by bobedwards » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:17 am

Hi Tom,

Excellent tutorial and well explained.

In the longer term it would be nice if the devs could create a 'Shop' page so that rather than linking to individual images with the sizes for sale below them we could have a page that showed all the items we have uploaded and the various sizes and types of merchandise available.

This is NOT a criticism of the site as it is now because I think you have done an amazing job so far, but merely a wish for the future.

Bob

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:25 am

Thanks Bob, definitely something we plan to bring in

smbphotos

Post by smbphotos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:04 pm

It's a shame that potential buyers couldn't just choose what they wanted by size or product and the seller just needs to put a percentage markup ie. 10, 15, 20% on the final sale price.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:07 pm

smbphotos wrote:It's a shame that potential buyers couldn't just choose what they wanted by size or product and the seller just needs to put a percentage markup ie. 10, 15, 20% on the final sale price.
most photographers don't want their content available in every format possible, so it is best to leave it to the photographer to choose what is available

smbphotos

Post by smbphotos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Totally agree there Tom, I should have been more clear, I was thinking along the lines of having the option with a simple click to list as 'buyer requires' kind of thing if that makes sense.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:17 pm

smbphotos wrote:Totally agree there Tom, I should have been more clear, I was thinking along the lines of having the option with a simple click to list as 'buyer requires' kind of thing if that makes sense.

Something we can look at at a later date when we have spare resources :)

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Fri May 18, 2018 6:19 am

Bingo! This is what I was looking for. Finally I searched for something and actually found it. I'm terrible at finding things. LOL. As you walk us through "adding products" I picked up on a few things I hadn't noticed before. Plus, the product software is easy to use and will let you know if an image is too small for a particular product, I was concerned about that. And the software appears to be a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), except for the mug, which displays an odd, skinny, chopped off image. I just made sure, like you did, that my photos were centered the way I wanted them to print out.
tomoswald wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:35 pm
Learn how to sell a photo with the ClickASnap Marketplace

http://blog.clickasnap.com/2017/01/17/t ... lickasnap/