How do you get more paid views?

Don't know how to do something? Check here first

tony-smith

Re: How do you get more paid views?

Post by tony-smith » Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes the Google Bots to find images on CAS?

I've had images on here for a few months, titled, tagged & described, much like in Mike Browne's tutorial above. I've tried Googling a few of my images by the exact title I've given them. Scrolled through several hundred Google images that come up, but none of them are mine.

Mike shows in the video that his show up in the top few lines of images. Although looking at the images he used in the video, his example images have been on CAS for around a year.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed May 31, 2017 11:01 pm

Usually a couple of days however remember google generally ignores content with a description of less than 100 characters

tony-smith

Post by tony-smith » Wed May 31, 2017 11:19 pm

Hmm, over 100 characters, ok. I think quite a number of mine have over 100 characters, I'd better make sure more of my images do too. Does the fact that Mike shows us his image with 555 views pitch it higher in Google rankings also. Higher than if I had an image of "White posts with rusty nails" with a viewer figure of say 15 views?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:21 am

No, views have no bearing on googles ranking

gscottyd

Post by gscottyd » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:35 am

While I am not a big poster of content, I was getting several views every week - this was very exciting to a budding photographer! Over the past month, I have only received one. I know there were some updates to the site, but I am not sure if this is related to the very sudden lack of views. Any thoughts or help?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:56 am

We've not rolled out any changes to the site that would affect the views your getting

petermillar

Post by petermillar » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Health Warning! Mike gives the example of posting to Facebook ... but I have done quite a bit of research and controlled testing of this last year (results are on the forum somewhere, can't find them any more).

To avoid disenchantment, folks need to remember that the likes of Facebook have some kind of means to keep you from getting "paid views", even if people click through to clickasnap and spend the full five seconds or more on looking at the linked picture and descriptions.

However, it is still worth doing, as it brings people in (I have "brought in" a few users from Facebook), and as "views" are still registered, and it may be that if people stay on the site and click through to other stuff then those secondary views get registered as "paid".

I am only saying this to manage expectations - one of my pictures had 2,000 "views" but only about 100 "paid" - I think because it got shared around on Facebook. This is a slow and steady build up guys, and we have to keep working on it!

Ideally I think we want people to come direct from Google.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:35 pm

That's only mobile views though Peter through facebooks browser

hpbirkeland

Post by hpbirkeland » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:13 pm

There's unfortunately nothing "only" about mobile views. Facebook is used much more on mobile than on desktop.