Paid Views vs Estimated Earnings

Any questions related to payments go in here
123Barso123

Re: Paid Views vs Estimated Earnings

Postby 123Barso123 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:24 pm

tomoswald wrote:
123Barso123 wrote:Paid view price dropped because CAS hadn't implemented any sort of anti-ddos software before a supposed ddos/attempted hack a few weeks ago, the cost of the software is coming out of everyone's earnings.......as reported by the owner in a thread on here somewhere

Only 50% of the cost is from your earnings

I suppose I was half right.....
fasalex

Postby fasalex » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:16 am

No matter wht. i am not sure that it is possible for anyone other than the owners to make any money from the site just by views. you would need millions of views to make anything. the very low pay rate would suggest that the owners will make even more as people would drop out before they get even close to the minimum amount to cash out.
the cost for prints etc are high so the photographer has to set an unreal price to be able to make anything from that too.
At the moment i do not see any benefits to any photographer. I can see the site becoming very big but only because the talk sounds good but the reality is not close to the talk
tomoswald

Postby tomoswald » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:27 am

People said similar things about youtube, there are many youtube millionaires. Anyhow, clickasnap isnt a get rich quick site, it's just an extrapassive income you getnowhere else

As for print costs, its because the company we use is one of the highest quality printers available in the EU today, we don't want rubbish quality going out the door

Also, why would you get bored or leave the site before cashing out? You have to put your photos online somewhere, why would you put them anywhere else? As the site grows and its form and functionality improve and more people join you'll find the need to host elsewhere just isn't there anymore
travel

Postby travel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:32 pm

The only way to make money is to have your own website; negotiate your own advertising rates.... and get people to contribute to your website.... for free.

I've been doing it since 1997.

I have made some money piggy-backing off others, but there are more rewards when you channel all your energies to your own Internet properties.

:mrgreen:

Michel
Travel Photography on ClickASnap

Return to “Payment questions”