Dealing with stolen photos

Used another website? Or a fan of particular software? Post in here
gjesdal

Dealing with stolen photos

Post by gjesdal » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:54 pm

I've been using a company (pixsy.com) the last couple of years that can scan my photos on Flickr and a few other sites and then do a web search to see if these are used on other sites. I've only used the free version for now, but I am is considering upgrading (so they'll keep a watch over more photos) if CAS was one of those sites they could monitor.

Have you considered reaching out to this or similar companies?

tomoswald

Re: Dealing with stolen photos

Post by tomoswald » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:41 pm

It’s actually on our roadmap to build one on CAS, the image recognition technology coming in soon is the first stage of that

gjesdal

Post by gjesdal » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 pm

tomoswald wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:41 pm
It’s actually on our roadmap to build one on CAS, the image recognition technology coming in soon is the first stage of that
That sounds amazing!

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:39 pm

That’s my plan

petermillar

Post by petermillar » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Yeah, I remember this being one of the very first USPs of Clickasnap - the idea of a built-in reverse image search.

emilylestune_

Post by emilylestune_ » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:49 am

No I haven't been out to reach with similar companies.

wildcard

Post by wildcard » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:36 am

I've had a full membership of Pixsy for some time and it is quite staggering how many unauthorised uses of images are out there.

It is certainly very good at finding them but the biggest problem is in the policing of them. Pixsy have their own legal teams to follow things up for you but in every case I have attempted to deal with they have been unable to proceed for a variety of reasons.

Usually it is because the website owner cannot be traced or they are outside the legal jurisdiction of Pixsy.

I get the membership free with the Guild of Photographers and it is interesting to keep an eye on things but ultimately not much use. I wouldn't pay for it.

I would be interested to see what Clickasnap's proposal is for this.