Missing buttons for own imprint and privacy pol

Report any bugs you find in here and we will aim to address is as soon as we can
stephankurda

Missing buttons for own imprint and privacy pol

Post by stephankurda » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi Tom,
I'm afraid that I have to come again with the imprint-topic.
The actual text field (which is still not formatable) is not enough. It must be possible to provide links to own (external) pages with the own imprint and the own privacy policy - at least in the shop section. Would like it most to have buttons as for Facebook, Twitter and so on. The buttons should have customizable captions possible to name them (also) in the necessary language (Impressum / Imprint) and (Datenschutzerklärung / Privacy Policy). Clickable links in the actual Impressum field with the possibility to have separate lines could also be a starting point.
It's quite crazy, but GDPR is blocking me starting the shop.

Cheers
Stephan

tomoswald

Re: Missing buttons for own imprint and privacy pol

Post by tomoswald » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:19 pm

I can’t see why you need these. You are not a data processor neither do you deal with any details from anyone who purchases from you, therefore under GDPR laws (which are unenforceable by the way) you do not need to supply a privacy policy

stephankurda

Post by stephankurda » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:37 pm

I'm not sure about that.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:43 pm

We’ve spent alot of time investigating GDPR, firstly to be affected by it you have to handle users confidential data. As a seller with your own website this is something you would have to potentially deal with (although a cover all escape clause is ‘legitimate useage’ which is what most online sites now use) as a seller on Clickasnap you have no access to any details of anyone who buys off you other than the account name, and that is information disclosed publicly by the account owner therefore not covered by GDPR. Therefore, what’s your privacy policy going to cover? You receive no data, have no access to data and are therefore not a data handler. Any data breaches are our responsibility not yours basically. GDPR is all about data handling, which as i mentioned previously, you do not do on this site.

stephankurda

Post by stephankurda » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Ti Tom,
first of all, thank you very much for spending the time for your extensive answer. From the perspective of common sense I agree with you completely.
You say, I don't handle with users confidential data. But what about the "Facebook verdict" from the EU COURT (Grand Chamber):
http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/d ... cid=296736

where they decided:
"... such data must be interpreted as meaning that the concept of ‘controller’ within the meaning of that provision encompasses the administrator of a fan page hosted on a social network

They don't say "Facebook", the say "social network". And a fan page ist often used for making business. Driving a shop on CAS is also making business. I'm afraid that a shop on CAS could be treated in the same way as a fan page on FB.

All (at least german) lawyers say about the question if you need a privacy policy that you ever have to have one. At least to prevent adhortatory letters.

Greetings
Stephan

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for raising this. Facebook is a completely different entity to us. When you invite a user to 'Like' or interact with a Facebook page, Facebook collects data on that user far surpassing an email address and then actively sells it on to a client base so that those clients can then use that information to target advertising to the user. So when using Facebook and inviting a client to interact with that page if that user is not already on Facebook then you are effectively enticing them to go onto a platform where the aforementioned occurs. Furthermore, and what this case is particularly pertinent to is the paragraph below

'Fan pages are user accounts that can be set up on Facebook by individuals or businesses. To do so, the author of the fan page, after registering with Facebook, can use the platform designed by Facebook to introduce himself to the users of that social network and to persons visiting the fan page, and to post any kind of communication in the media and opinion market. Administrators of fan pages can obtain anonymous statistical information on visitors to the fan pages via a function called ‘Facebook Insights’ which Facebook makes available to them free of charge under non-negotiable conditions of use. That information is collected by means of evidence files (‘cookies’), each containing a unique user code, which are active for two years and are stored by Facebook on the hard disk of the computer or on other media of visitors to fan pages. The user code, which can be matched with the connection data of users registered on Facebook, is collected and processed when the fan pages are opened. According to the order for reference, neither Wirtschaftsakademie nor Facebook Ireland Ltd notified the storage and functioning of the cookie or the subsequent processing of the data, at least during the material period for the main proceedings.'

ClickASnap does none of this, we process no data, we farm no data and we certainly don't sell any information to any users, we also do not supply you with any information of any of your viewers which that user is not already supplying to you. Therefore, you do not need to supply an independent privacy policy as any user is covered by ours already

stephankurda

Post by stephankurda » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:50 pm

Ok, ok, will think about it.

But an Impressum, I do need. Would like to have these data "hidden" behind a button instead of presenting them directly on the profile page. At least it must be possible to use multiple lines in the existing text box or the box should provide clickable links.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Yes i agree, i want to get the profile page redesigned in the near future, possibly before Christmas depending on how long the AMS takes to complete

stephankurda

Post by stephankurda » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 pm

That's good to hear. Actually found a workaround with using a description in the impressum field saying that my impressum is reachable through the "Website" button until CAS is providing directly linking an impressum ;-) It's maybe not totally politically correct but should be enough.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Good idea Stephan, as mentioned previously i do intend to get it addressed as part of the profile page update