Pictures are published a bit too soon

Report any bugs you find in here and we will aim to address is as soon as we can
robbe76

Pictures are published a bit too soon

Post by robbe76 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:32 pm

It's probably not a bug, but a bit annoying that when I upload a picture, it's published and up for viewing before the image is renamed and has a description. Especially now, when it can be automatically posted to Facebook. I think it would be a lot better if I could upload a set of pictures, write all descriptions and tags in peace, and when ready choose to publish.

tomoswald

Re: Pictures are published a bit too soon

Post by tomoswald » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Yes it’s not a bug, but does need to be addressed

SporadicShade

Post by SporadicShade » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm

robbe76 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:32 pm
It's probably not a bug, but a bit annoying that when I upload a picture, it's published and up for viewing before the image is renamed and has a description. Especially now, when it can be automatically posted to Facebook. I think it would be a lot better if I could upload a set of pictures, write all descriptions and tags in peace, and when ready choose to publish.
I completely agree. What I have tried, since I have a slow internet connection, is to select my images and start the upload. I then run through and name and tag each. I then hit confirm to save the changes, but it still goes through on the original image name.

Only thing I can think of is to rename my actual image files before I upload, but that's counter productive as I want to keep my naming conventions.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate that it is an issue and it is still to be addressed. It is not unfortunately on our critical path as yet though