Upload not working

Report any bugs you find in here and we will aim to address is as soon as we can
tomoswald

Re: Upload not working

Post by tomoswald » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 am

This fricking issue is going to be the death of me

Thanks Colin

casadechrisso

Post by casadechrisso » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:00 am

So, uuummm... I'm new and just tried for the 15th time to upload a profile and title picture, always getting a browser error. Is that related then?

Edit: Oh, it's Tom! See, I'm already exploring the forums. :lol:

GadgetGaz_Photo

Post by GadgetGaz_Photo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:05 am

Not used the site for months due to issues and decided to try and upload 12 photos and to use the site again, so filled out all the details, typing nice long descriptions, entering tags, and took me 45mins, "click confirm and NOTHINGS uploaded.

Wasted 45mins of my day "again" thanks to buggy clickasnap.

Getting fed up with this site wasting my time all the time with constant bugs, it is very annoying to be trying to upload 12 photos after not using the site for several months due to "bugs and things that annoy you" which has been the same for the last 2 years.

Pathetic.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:06 am

Colin, should be fixed now

Casa, what browser are you using? The site is currently optimised for chrome. But that issue you're having may be related to this. We gave another fix out for it tomorrow hopefully

I'm sorry Gareth, we've had no issues for quite some time, unfortunately you picked the exact time that it reared it's head again. In our defence we are working to solve this issue, building and maiaintaininga site like this is an extremely difficult feat to do, but we are always doing our utmost to improve

casadechrisso

Post by casadechrisso » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:09 am

It works now, thought you fixed it in the meantime. I tried Safari and Firefox, at this moment it's FF. Will never use Chrome. ;)

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:11 am

Excellent :)

GadgetGaz_Photo

Post by GadgetGaz_Photo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:12 am

Great timing every time I use the site then.
I will try later, again as I may as well TRY and use the PRO account I have paid for!!

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:20 am

I am sorry, the issue behind the upload issues is an extremely in depth routing problem that i have very little knowledge of, that alone annoys me. Trust me, it's been frustrating me as much as anyone and the only thing that is being worked on is this issue. It can only be diagnosed when it happens and that takes a variable unknown time. Basically think of the worst problem you've ever tried to solve and times by a million haha

If you decide to renew next year i'll give you the year free

GadgetGaz_Photo

Post by GadgetGaz_Photo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:36 am

Thanks I must admit you are always fair and helpful, so that we are all grateful of.

It is annoying to have users affected by site issues out of your control but maybe the beta site is the best place to iron out your developers problems before making the site live to users and having your user base affected by problems bugs and things that annoy them, just have a fully working site live and beta site for bugs ;)

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:38 am

I can only do my best

That's what we try and do, unfortunately this issue isn't an issue that can be solved in that manner. Trust me, i dearly wish it could be