Activity feed vs. email notifications (Silly newbie questions - part 3)

Learn how to use the ClickASnap. paid per view, photo sharing website
margots

Activity feed vs. email notifications (Silly newbie questions - part 3)

Post by margots » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 am

So yesterday I received a notification that someone subscribed to my instant notifications. Awesome, I thought by myself, I want that too, so I went to look it up what that was. I think I found it in the settings.
Now my question: What is the difference between the two? I see I can select between likes, follows, comments and shares. What I don't see is newly added pictures, which is what interests me most.
In the activiity feed I get shares and new photos. I'm not going to argue about how people use the feed - to say the least it gets cluttered very quickly, and often I see the same photos several times a day. The really new images get buried somewhere far down the line, very small and easy to overlook, and once you click on one and then return to the feed, you have to start scrolling at the top again. An easy solution would be to unsubscribe those who clutter up the feed, but actually I am interested in seeing their new photos.
Is there any place where you can only see newly uploaded photos by people who I have subscribed? I don't see the possibility in the activity feed, but I don't see it in the email notifications either. A simple way to see newly uploaded images would be awesome!

tomoswald

Re: Activity feed vs. email notifications (Silly newbie questions - part 3)

Post by tomoswald » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:02 pm

The only way to do this currently is if the user has a pro account. You can then subscribe to their notifications which will send you an email when they upload an image

margots

Post by margots » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:47 pm

That's great to know, thank you! I'll give it a try!

fvdridder

Post by fvdridder » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:42 pm

I have already tried that and have subscribed to notifcations but never get an email. Not in spam, not in the regular inbox. Just doesn't happen for me.

JLowPhotos

Post by JLowPhotos » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:19 pm

fvdridder wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:42 pm
I have already tried that and have subscribed to notifcations but never get an email. Not in spam, not in the regular inbox. Just doesn't happen for me.
I only get them intermittently. Tom will correct me if I'm wrong but I think this has something to do with the current site not being able to manage the amount of emails etc. Hopefully this will be resolved with the new site. (I now sit with my fingers crossed that I'm not giving out false info 😂)

margots

Post by margots » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:24 pm

I haven't received any emails either. Not a biggie, just wanted to give it a try.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:51 pm

JLowPhotos wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:19 pm
fvdridder wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:42 pm
I only get them intermittently. Tom will correct me if I'm wrong but I think this has something to do with the current site not being able to manage the amount of emails etc. Hopefully this will be resolved with the new site. (I now sit with my fingers crossed that I'm not giving out false info 😂)
This is correct