Why do you claim you're free to use when i have to pay?

Site FAQ and quick information
tomoswald

Why do you claim you're free to use when i have to pay?

Post by tomoswald » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:18 am

There is no obligation to pay to use the platform. You are allowed 7 uploads per week which should be more than enough if you're uploading only your best content. You can access the site, browse and comment. You can upload unlimited images just by deleting your poorer performing imagery when you get to 100 uploads.

marius

Re: Why do you claim you're free to use when i have to pay?

Post by marius » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:56 pm

tomoswald wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:18 am
... You can upload unlimited images just by deleting your poorer performing imagery when you get to 100 uploads.
If I understand correctly free accounts are now limited to 100 images... and one cannot upload for free if already has more uploads over the past years?

Thanks.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:00 pm

That is correct yes

marius

Post by marius » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Sad to see that over the years free accounts were more and more restricted. Some of the people I follow seem not to upload anymore.

BTW deleting images does not change the total no of uploads; in the past at least the counter was going only upwards. Is there a way to see the no of uploads except counting one by one? Thanks.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Unfortunately alot of free accounts abuse the system and leave us with little choice other than to restrict them further. They are neutral revenue generators (or were up till covid hit ad revenues) therefore it makes no sense in funnelling investment into them and is simpler just to restrict them

Also, and as far as i'm concerned, the more over riding reason is that If they are not prepared to pay a sum of £2 a month to continue to use the site, then the truth is that they're only here for one reason, which is the paid views. Therefore we don't really want them on the site anyhow as this mindset is detrimental to our users who see the paid views as a bonus rather than an aim

The image counters now count properly. This was fixed some time ago i believe

marius

Post by marius » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:46 am

As far as I'm concerned I was motivated to upload for interaction with followers (commenting, etc) not for selling (that's why all my photos are very small, for viewing purposes only and a minimal server footprint)... and paid views were a bonus for the time spent on the platform... which is a good thing, of course.

I can understand your point of view (is obvious that some users with thousands of uploads are abusing the system) and is OK to have the best decisions business-oriented but at times is frustrating to be affected for someone else's behavior. So, wait and watch for some time.

Good to know about the counter :-)

adam_gregory

Post by adam_gregory » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:17 pm

hello. this is an unfortunate change to the site. but any thing free will get abused. i am going to start to delete some of my work from the site so that i can upload some of my new work. when i do this will i lose the pay per view $ that the image earned.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi Adam, no you won't lose any earnings

adam_gregory

Post by adam_gregory » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:30 pm

thank you tom, i will get deleting 8-)