Throwing my full support behind Tom and CaS

Discuss anything you like here
dabhand16

Re: Throwing my full support behind Tom and CaS

Post by dabhand16 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:47 pm

Fair enough but I can't see how it would slow growth as the group members would be existing members. There would be no need to publicise it, it will just build a group of like minded people who might be able to influence others if the forums could be better utilised to improve the site for everyone.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm

Oh i see, i thought you meant the whole platform not just the forum

fiortiuns

Post by fiortiuns » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:46 pm

Good evening,
(I apologize in advance for any errors but I use a translator) I would like to express a "free user" thought.
I recently discovered Clicksnap. Not knowing the language well, I initially mistook it for a sort of "social platform" for photo enthusiasts.
Once I signed up and understood the true orientation of the site, I tried to straighten the shot by uploading higher quality content (as good as the photos of a beginner may be).
I was stimulated by the idea of ​​learning from good photographers and being able to create good quality material in the future and, why not, become a seller.

Now I feel a bit demonized, as if the free users were the evil of this site.
Eliminate the profits and the impostors will disappear!
In my opinion, free users are a resource to invest in for the future, closing up like you were a member of an exclusive club cuts you off from an important slice of the market.
That said, in my opinion, the real problem are those users (and we're talking about pro users or sellers) who constantly share the same photos in order to increase views by clogging up the activity page.
a bad quality photo or bad user can be deleted while the serial sharers remain.

Among other things, at the moment I don't even know if I will be able to load content anymore since the countdown starts again every night, how does it work? are all photos uploaded from registration to date also counted?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 am

I understand your point, and clamping down on free accounts was a tough decision. However, with 100 uploads at 7 per week, this gives free users almost 4 months of use of the site. There is also nothing stopping free accounts deleting their worse performing images to upload more. Furthermore, once the 100 uploads is complete, the user can still browse and access the site, the only thing they can't do is upload more images. Even if we look at older users caught within the 100+ image bracket. If they uploaded 7 per day every day then they have had at least 2 weeks full use of the platform, with many having had years of full use, and many of those pulling out hundreds of dollars in royalties over that time also.

JLowPhotos

Post by JLowPhotos » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:24 pm

I can see the logic in restricting the free accounts but I felt it might restrict the growth of CaS but after seeing your Tom's latest post I can see that it shouldn't really as if you're getting that much out of the site it should hopefully entice people to then pay a small amount to upload there best shots.

Keep up the great work Tom and his minions lol

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:55 pm

Thanks John. We have certainly seen no decline at all since we brought it in

belzybob

Post by belzybob » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:26 am

As a former free user, what the changes have done is to make me look closer at what I've uploaded, ensuring at least a basic description/narrative, develop the tags, and finally look at what does and does not attract views. In the past couple of weeks or so, followers have more than doubled, views are creeping up and I've hit almost $1.50 in earnings (with about a three year presence I hadn't hit the $ mark).

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:25 am

That's very interesting, and something i am pleased to hear

belzybob

Post by belzybob » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Something else I think I'm seeing is the 'copy and paste' merchants haven't worked out the difference between 0.0018 per view and 0.18 per view. Some poor lad said he would be able to fund his college fees.
I multiplied Mike Browne's total views by the pay per view and it wouldn't buy a good ND filter :-)

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:36 pm

I duno, $150 would get a pretty good one i would have thought

Well, $180 now lol