Tell us about issues you have here

Discuss anything you like here
pogmomadra

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by pogmomadra » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:05 pm

I renewed my account yesterday, thinking that would cure the slow speed. It hasn't, if anything it is worse. I thought I would remove my 'header' pic., as this seems to take forever to load. I can't remove, or change for lower size pic. I uploaded a pic to my 'stream this am, however I could not see it in my 'stream, just the info., and I could not find it on newly uploaded or nature page so I removed it. Uploaded again this pm and it worked but I cannot interact on the site because speed is so slow. We always have slow speed due to living in the sticks but I am not finding other sites so slow.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm

I’m afraid you can’t compare sites for speed as every site is different. The site isn’t actually slow (as rated by Alexa at a 1.32 second load time typical) and the only way of speeding the site up would be for you to increase your internet speed. Pictures have to be sent at a certain size or quality degrades and the further you are from an exchange the slower the site would appear

pogmomadra

Post by pogmomadra » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:31 am

I understand that I can't compare CaS to other, larger, more established sites, but I can compare it to what I had here before I took a break. When I had paid sub before was acceptable speed, then I cancelled monthly sub, used free for a couple of weeks and yes, it was slower. Now I am back and have taken out yearly sub thought browsing speed would increase but it hasn't. The main problem seems to be my header image, although it was ok before it now takes ages to load. I have tried to remove/change for smaller file pic but cannot.

123Barso123

Post by 123Barso123 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:50 am

I used to use Opera only on CAS because of the instant page loads but since CAS is optimized for Chrome I moved to that and have been using it for a month or so now. I have noticed of late though that I am often waiting and looking in the bottom left of the screen for the same "waiting for www.clickasnap.com..) I tried Opera again to see if that was still as quick but even that has slowed down with the same "waiting for www.clickasnap.com..)
just my 2p worth

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 am

Unfortunately showing higher resolution (therefore larger data sets) photos will slow down the site on slower connection speeds, there is nothing we can do about this i'm afraid

We are however constantly optimising the site, and last week site speed was increased by over 50%

I will see if there is anything unusual about header images compared to other images on the site though

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:23 pm

pogmomadra wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:05 pm
I renewed my account yesterday, thinking that would cure the slow speed. It hasn't, if anything it is worse. I thought I would remove my 'header' pic., as this seems to take forever to load. I can't remove, or change for lower size pic. I uploaded a pic to my 'stream this am, however I could not see it in my 'stream, just the info., and I could not find it on newly uploaded or nature page so I removed it. Uploaded again this pm and it worked but I cannot interact on the site because speed is so slow. We always have slow speed due to living in the sticks but I am not finding other sites so slow.

After some investigation we have found that header images are not resized so if a large header image is uploaded it stays that size and therefore can slow down profile pages. We are modifying this this week to resize the images and this will occur retroactively as well so will hopefully speed your profile page up

deggs45

Post by deggs45 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:55 pm

When people look at my photographs and leave a comment, how do I reply. When I click on the bell symbol and click the picture the person is commenting on, there is nothing there but my picture??

Regards

Derek Davison

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:38 pm

Scroll down the page with the image on and then

Press the reply button under the comment Derek

claviger

Post by claviger » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:11 pm

I'm still getting the picture-in-picture issue. Cant remember when it was from sorry.

Sometimes a page refresh clears it but other times a refresh will bring it up on other images

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:41 pm

claviger wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:11 pm
I'm still getting the picture-in-picture issue. Cant remember when it was from sorry.

Sometimes a page refresh clears it but other times a refresh will bring it up on other images
Yes, we're still looking into this one