Can I change my user name

Discuss anything you like here
julie_cropper_01

Can I change my user name

Post by julie_cropper_01 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Is there a way to change the user name you initially registered with. I would like to be able to just tell people to search for my name Julie Cropper rather than julie_cropper_01 that I registered with. I have tried to search for myself under julie_cropper_01 but nothing at all comes up. If you search for mike brown then load come up. Am I doing something wrong in the search and where if it can be done can I change my username.

tomoswald

Re: Can I change my user name

Post by tomoswald » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi Julie, you can change your username under account settings

If you change the search criteria to users then you’ll come up. If you want to come up under a photos search then you need to tag your photos with your name

julie_cropper_01

Post by julie_cropper_01 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:37 pm

I have tried to change from julie_cropper_01 to Julie Cropper (space between first name and surname) and all I keep getting is a message in a red box saying 'The username field can only contain letters and numbers' and will not let me change it. Am I doing something wrong I am also trying to change the Channel Title to the same as well but can' seem to do it.

Plus as for putting my name in tags on a photo I tried that as well and then did a search but it only showed on photo and not say all three that I tagged to see how it works.

Sorry to be a pain but I am in no way technically minded.

I have clicked on the update button by the way.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:02 pm

Yea you can't have a space in-between words. I will see if this can be addressed in a later update
tags don't update instantly, however, the only way of getting your photos to show up in a search is by tagging them with the search terms you want them found under Julie