What can we do to make the site better for you!

Discuss anything you like here
GadgetGaz

Re: What can we do to make the site better for you!

Post by GadgetGaz » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Not quite what I mean, not just their own shares, all shares in the feed filtered out to a shares tab and all “new photo posts” in its own tab or filter ...please ..thus making the feed not be filled with lots of shared posts be it peoples own or their shares of other people’s and a place to see new uploads easier.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 pm

We’ll study the data and see what can be done about this

sparrewath

Post by sparrewath » Sun May 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi all. :)
Sometimes keywords is imported with the picture, sometime not, why is it not always the same way, I always export from Lightroom.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun May 13, 2018 5:02 pm

We’re not entirely sure, we’re data collating to find the common factors. Then we can fix it

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Hi Tom.
My apologizes if this has been discussed already but here it goes. LOL. If it has been discussed can you please send me the link to the conversation?

I'm in the process of getting more familiar with the site. What's the purpose of the "Camera" and "Lens" links at the top of pages? Maybe I'm missing something or not using them properly.

I'm referring to the top of search results pages and maybe other pages, I don't know what the intention of the "Camera" and "Lens" links are for. Right now they seem pretty worthless because either nothing shows up or photos show up without any labeling or distinction of why they appeared. Ok, so which photos were taken with what camera and what lens? You don't know unless you click on photos and go look at their details. This can be done anywhere on the site as long as the person included that data for the photo.

I do like the new search bar at the top of the site that includes the options to search by camera and by lens, that's nice and interesting to check out. The "Explore" option in the search bar which includes the photo categories is nice too. So if you select the correct category for your photos when you upload them then your photos will be displayed in those search results.

Thanks for listening. :)
Laura Captain

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue May 15, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi Laura, there isn't actually a point to them unless you're actually searching by camera or lens. I am going to get those parts of the site rebuilt within the next month or so hopefully as i would regard them as still part of the MVP

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Thu May 17, 2018 5:00 am

Hello Tom.
I promise I'm not trying to drive you crazy, LOL. I have a few suggestions for improving the site.

When on the "Marketplace" page, please move the "Featured Products" section above the "Free Downloads" section. The Free section should be at the bottom.

The Featured Seller carousel looks nice but can the back/forward buttons be made to stand out a little more or moved over next to the text "Featured Sellers" so it's easier to see and find?

Thanks,
Laura

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Thu May 17, 2018 5:23 am

Hey Tom.
When I click on a product that someone has for sell, and this appears to happen all across the site, the link takes me to their profile page instead of to that particular product page. This is not what you would expect and it's annoying, you have to search their page to find that product again. Someone may have reported this already.

Thank you,
Laura

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Thu May 17, 2018 7:50 am

Ok, will look into both of these Laura

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi Tom, I can't find the thread or topic for Bug Fixes anymore and the other Fixes topic has been locked. Do we just use this topic for bugs as well?

I need help, please. My photo is gone, it no longer appears under my "Photos" link (thanks for changing that by the way) and it no longer appears when I go to add more products, both screens are just blank. My photo does still appear however in my feed and as listed products. Please fix it. I have cleared my browser cache and reopened Chrome and my photo is still missing.

I'm not certain what happened. Last night I did remove a product from my products list but that should have only removed that product and not my photo. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thank you.
Laura