What would you find useful?

Discuss anything you like here
dylanburgess

Re: What would you find useful?

Post by dylanburgess » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 pm

A good and valid point brought up there concerning colour, thank you Callmemom.

It's not something I have really thought about when tagging my images, but I like the idea of doing so and will do going forward. Also agree that some people do search by colour, I have in past when decorating, so if people are looking for pictures to hang on a wall they may do also.

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Mon May 14, 2018 9:20 pm

callmemom wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:55 pm
I don't know that this would be particularly useful - just doing a little thinking about how I might search to find something I wanted on my wall if I were re-decorating. It might be useful for decorators or curators who are looking for artwork to complement a specific color set to have a way - other than search terms - to categorize images into color based categories rather than just subject based. I usually try to include colors in my key words, but I wonder if the marketplace can sort images by the actual predominant colors in the image or if it only uses keywords and titles.

Maybe that could be done under a "interior design" tab - if it could be done. Or adding a color category, i.e. blues/greens/etc or a color spectrum matcher to the download menu for those who are selling their work.

Making it easier for those who place art commercially to find what they need would surely result in more sales.

Yes, I agree with you, I like that and I search for things on other sites by color sometimes, it's very helpful.

Laura

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Fri May 18, 2018 4:04 am

I have tried searching on the forum for Promote but I don't see what I'm looking for. I'm bad at searching, sorry.

When you pay to “promote your photo” with views, what happens? Where does this show up, how does it work? I promoted my photo so now what?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 am

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Fri May 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Thank you, the video and the comments answered my questions.
tomoswald wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 am
https://youtu.be/TUvBeNEk5yk

lauracaptain

Post by lauracaptain » Sat May 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Hello Tom.
I have another suggestion for the site. On the upload page have two fields for the image name, internal name and external name. The external name would be the image title shown to the public. The internal name would be the original image name (such as 2018_Florida_Sunset.jpg) and doesn't get displayed to the public just like the image tags don't get displayed to the public. This would be very beneficial for tracking and managing our photos. Plus, more users may be more likely to change their image name to something useful.

Laura

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat May 26, 2018 3:48 pm

Ok, i’ll have a chat with the devs about it Laura

marius

Post by marius » Thu May 31, 2018 2:15 pm

I wonder if the algorithm for sorting users can be improved for the option Trending (https://www.clickasnap.com/search?t=users&sort=trending). You can find new users and interesting uploads but also questionable users like https://www.clickasnap.com/missoum31 with no activity and only some low quality selfies. I don't feel this is a good promotion for CAS.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Thu May 31, 2018 5:29 pm

Good points, yea i am a sure it can be

stephankurda

Post by stephankurda » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Would like to be able to separate / filter notifications to have „liked“ and „commented“ on separate lists. It would help me not to overlook a commentation.