Discuss anything you like here
tomoswald

Re: Question

Post by tomoswald » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:42 pm

It’s already been steadily reducing Marius, it’s currently $15

marius

Post by marius » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Aha, I see. Under Payments tab in the field for paypal email address I see "Minimal payout = 25.00"

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:48 pm

ignore that i'll get it changed. We must've missed it

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Marius, we can't find this, can you send me a screenshot please to Tom@clickasnap.com

marius

Post by marius » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:12 am

Sent an email, Tom. Thanks.

frankstyburski

Post by frankstyburski » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:16 am

I don't know if lowering the minimum pay out to $10 will increase traffic on the site significantly. I don't know what your ratio of users to pay outs is, but I'm guessing that a lot of us may never generate enough views to get paid. Your metrics probably show that I am a frequent visitor to your site. Monetary reward isn't my motivation for coming back. I'm serious about photography, as are a lot of your members. I like to see what other members are shooting, and I like submitting my pictures- and getting feedback from others. It's to my benefit on both accounts for CAS to expand its user base, and its traffic.

I know that you've floated the idea of adding more content to the site, in the past. I think that it is a good idea.
Articles and videos about different genres, history, some of the iconic images, features about members and some of the master photographers over the years, technical stuff about equipment and techniques, links to showing and publication opportunities, columns, tips about interesting locations are just a some of the topics that might be of interest to your users,- and should be featured on your home page. Basically, a magazine format- more offerings of interest might help make the site the "GO-TO" source for photo enthusiasts.

The down side of implementing these suggestions is that polished content like this requires an editor and paid contributors. But upgrading the site to provide more reasons to visit might work out for everyone.