Game Over. Pietro Ebner win.

Discuss anything you like here
Jaime

Game Over. Pietro Ebner win.

Post by Jaime » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Game over. Maybe now ClickaSnap should be called Pietro Ebner. His photography is all over the place. And he doesn’t look to have any of the seller, pro, or any other tic. ????

tomoswald

Re: Game Over. Pietro Ebner win.

Post by tomoswald » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:12 pm

He has an ad-free account, it allows unlimited unlimited uploads.

Anyhow, this is a photo hosting platform, all of his photos are good quality, not seeing a problem myself

gjesdal

Post by gjesdal » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:43 am

Name didn't ring a bell for me, had to search for him.
Can't say I've seen any of his photos before.

Agree with Tom, nothing wrong with those photos he post.

Jaime

Post by Jaime » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:26 am

Yes, I accept the explanation and it is valid. But to be clear I never critiqued the quality, but yes, the quantity. I believe if another user post two or three photo at the same time, his o her job will be missed as people will scroll through so many similar images very quick, as is happen with the soccer images. But one again, my apologies, I believe that there was something wrong and I just will have to adapt to what CAS accept as correct.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:42 am

More photos on the site = more photos indexed by google = more people coming to the site = more views for all the users

blueocean64

Post by blueocean64 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:07 pm

it's good, I have a trip in preparation to Fuerteventura :lol:

hpbirkeland

Post by hpbirkeland » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:40 pm

tomoswald wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:42 am
More photos on the site = more photos indexed by google = more people coming to the site = more views for all the users
I don't mean to complain, but I don't really agree with this formula. I see it more like this:

More users and even more photos on the site = more indexed = more people coming to see even more photos but they don't have time to see more than the few first = less views for us who don't upload a truck full of images every week but take care to only upload our best and not just dump our memory cards.

I had way more views in the beginning, 2+ years ago. Now it seems like I only get views from a handful of trusty followers.

Apart from that, I really like it here and I have no intention of leaving :D It's just my neutral observation :)

Btw, there was a discussion like this a long time ago, about quality vs quantity, so maybe there is no point in starting a new one.

GadgetGaz

Post by GadgetGaz » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:14 pm

I would prefer it to be able to upload directly into an album and have them not shown into the main website feed, "but still google indexed" for such things as 300+ photos of a Triathlon I shot, since I too would be peeved at seeing 300 Triathlon photos filling the latest posts feed, and I expect all that follow me would unfollow, so I haven't bothered uploading any of them at all.

Maybe consider that as an option for uploads over 10 photos have to be direct to albums?, or maybe the site can detect large volume uploads and only show a selection in the latest photos feed the rest are shown in the profiles feed? Have large volumes of photos in the marketplace do the same. Not sure what it needs but some kind of file volume management may be needed.

I'm sure Tom can figure it out, but I can't see the point in uploading 300 Triathlon Photos to Clickasnap how it currently works, hell I don't even want 300 Triathlon photos showing up on my profiles feed here either as I mainly post wildlife and so would prefer large volume photo shoots uploaded direct to an album folder :)

I admit I don't know the answer.

Gaz

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Any page that is created has the ability to be indexed, images don’t have to show up in feeds/front page/recently uploaded etc to be indexed

I have more important issues to address in the short term, but certainly something that can be addressed in the future