Interview me, the founder, Tom Oswald

Discuss anything you like here
tomoswald

Interview me, the founder, Tom Oswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:11 am

Mike Browne will be doing a video interview of me next week. Are there any questions you would like to see him ask me?

Questions so far:
Why did I start Clickasnap?
What makes CAS different from any other hosting site?
Why should photographers persuade other users to use CAS?
How do I bring in non photographic traffic?
How are they engaged by the platform and by the users?
Do I prefer dogs or cats?
As a photographer, what are the best ways we can contribute and make a difference with our photography?
Can you explain in more detail the plans to sell images via ClickASnap and how you anticipate that working?
How soon do you think a mobile platform will be implemented for the site? The website displays well on an ipad in safari but struggles on my Android phone.
What are the plans for increasing the amount per view of images? Will this just be more advertising or are there other avenues to increase payments for image contributors?
Why are the payments in dollars?
What editing options do you see being brought in for photos?
How does promoting photos work?
If my picture gets a like, do I get paid for this or is it only if the viewer views it for more than 5 seconds?
If its only by views, are there any thoughts to incorporate the 'likes' into payments in the future?

petermillar

Re: Interview me, the founder, Tom Oswald

Post by petermillar » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:39 am

I expect these are already on the list, but ... why did you start up ClickASnap? ... what makes CAS different from all the other stuff on the internet? ... why should we persuade fellow photographers to use CAS? ... what "non-photographer" viewers are you seeking to bring in (location scouts, marketing bods, bloggers, "people who went to an event", etc.??), and how can you / we engage them? ... and, of course, do you prefer dogs or cats?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:44 am

Thank you, shall add these all to the list

rangewoman_inc

Post by rangewoman_inc » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:56 am

petermillar wrote:I expect these are already on the list, but ... why did you start up ClickASnap? ... what makes CAS different from all the other stuff on the internet? ... why should we persuade fellow photographers to use CAS? ... what "non-photographer" viewers are you seeking to bring in (location scouts, marketing bods, bloggers, "people who went to an event", etc.??), and how can you / we engage them? ... and, of course, do you prefer dogs or cats?
Thanks for bringing the part of the "non-photographer" viewers up. This is important. A lot of previous paying photo sites went down because only people that contribute were viewers. I do tweet and had some traffic and was wondering if Clipasnap does this as well. It would be great if there was a Twitter account and/or Facebook account that would inform about those photos that people included in competitions and those that are recommended. If the platform is to be used to sell photos to people seeking them for posts, "non-photographer" viewers are important. But, you'll need extra manpower for this.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:17 am

We do actually have a twitter and a facebook account

twitter @clickasnap_

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/clickasnap/

However, we don't use either of them actively as social media business pages are useless without throwing huge amounts of money at them, the return is terrible

We have a multiude of methods of bringing non contributors to the platform, in fact 75% of our visitors are pure viewers, but will explain more in the video

rangewoman_inc

Post by rangewoman_inc » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:05 pm

tomoswald wrote:We do actually have a twitter and a facebook account

twitter @clickasnap_

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/clickasnap/

However, we don't use either of them actively as social media business pages are useless without throwing huge amounts of money at them, the return is terrible

We have a multiude of methods of bringing non contributors to the platform, in fact 75% of our visitors are pure viewers, but will explain more in the video
I'm looking forward to your interview. Social media accounts have to be active and like I mentioned, I know that costs are high. People think it's inexpensive because you don't may for the media as such (like print ads). As for return — I think it may depend on the product you promote. I think that people on this site will promote theirs and other people's work — so you have promotion right there. In general, it's the good old newsletter that I would recommend to clients in most cases. Of course, it depends on your products or services.

It's good to hear that there's a great number of non-contributors viewing photos and that they aren't left out.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:41 pm

I disagree, social media pages border on useless. 1% of our likers see our posts and nothing we can do will change that. Facebook charges us $18 to show one post to 3,000 users with a 0.0011% Click through rate. That is $6 per 1,000 impressions, we charge $1.50 on this site and google adwords is $2

Personal social media profiles are excellent but pages useless. When paying to advertise a website there are many many more efficient ways. We pay 3 cents a click on twitter for example

cifuentes

Post by cifuentes » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:29 am

I will like the answer to: What you see as a ClickASnap founder and CEO, the best way photographer can contribute and make a difference with their photography.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:44 am

tomoswald wrote:Mike Browne will be doing a video interview of me next week. Are there any questions you would like to see him ask me?
Questions so far:
Why did I start Clickasnap?
What makes CAS different from any other hosting site?
Why should photographers persuade other users to use CAS?
How do I bring in non photographic traffic?
How are they engaged by the platform and by the users?
Do I prefer dogs or cats?
As a photographer, what are the best ways we can contribute and make a difference with our photography?

bobedwards

Post by bobedwards » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:51 am

Can you explain in more detail the plans to sell images via ClickASnap and how you anticipate that working.