new profiles on feed are not photographers

Discuss anything you like here
paulgame

new profiles on feed are not photographers

Post by paulgame » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:21 pm

Tom,
What can be done about so many people signing up without uploading any photos or uploading rubbish. I must have clicked on 50 different names that come up on my feed page on the left hand side looking for some new photographers and all i keep getting is profiles with no photos or with 1 or 2 snapshots. I Know Clickasnap has been infiltrated by the instagram/facebook like for like mafia but there must be a way to filter them out.

I have just had 15 or so likes from people who obviously have no interest in photography or my photos and just want a like back. Fewels like i have not earned those likes or the money associated with them.

What can be done?

(Just read this back and its true, I am officially a grumpy old git) :(

tomoswald

Re: new profiles on feed are not photographers

Post by tomoswald » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:31 pm

Open to thoughts

How do you know many of these people aren't just browsers?

If a view is paid, does it matter who it came from?

kkmphotos

Post by kkmphotos » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 am

Hello Tom!

In Clickasnap I'm new, but have the same issue as the post owner. While going trough the explore feed, I don't see the pictures I would like to see - real photographer work. I know, that it doesn't matter, if your picture gets paid by views, but it is a real struggle to find a good profile, because you can clearly see, that almost all of the profiles are with fake/stolen photos.

Maybe it is possible to add to the explore page three sections - popular, rising and new. In these categories you could more easy find the creators or pictures you want to see. Hope you get my idea ;)

dabhand16

Post by dabhand16 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:11 am

paulgame wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:21 pm
Tom,
What can be done about so many people signing up without uploading any photos or uploading rubbish. I must have clicked on 50 different names that come up on my feed page on the left hand side looking for some new photographers and all i keep getting is profiles with no photos or with 1 or 2 snapshots. I Know Clickasnap has been infiltrated by the instagram/facebook like for like mafia but there must be a way to filter them out.

I have just had 15 or so likes from people who obviously have no interest in photography or my photos and just want a like back. Fewels like i have not earned those likes or the money associated with them.

What can be done?

(Just read this back and its true, I am officially a grumpy old git) :(
Paul - from one grumpy old git to another, some of these people could be buyers and join to get better access, or want to post images too. If this is the case I suspect that not many will fall into this category. Others probably create an account and then decide how to best milk the site - sorry! - decide how they are going to share their images.

The likes you are getting is that in the process of creating an account you arrive on a page (or used to when I joined) where you 'have' to pick 5 (I think) people to follow. I think they then take this first opportunity to do some likes with the intent/hope/expectation that they will get images up before you visit their page. This put me off for quite a while as I don't do following. Then I found that you can just ignore page and just carry on.

I rarely look at my feed which now just seems to consist of stuff from Opus and I would not consider that is the place to find new photographers anyway. The easiest way to find photographers is to look at images, not a list. I look through the recent images and while that used to work well as photographers images stand out, the influx of scammers on top of the genuine people who think that they are going to get rich from people looking at pictures of their meals or random views outweigh the photographers by a huge ratio. Probably many thousands to one. Today after quite some time looking through the recent images I only saw a couple of images from photographers. They are a drop in the ocean.

Sadly, there is now no way to find new (or existing) photographers here anymore.
Last edited by dabhand16 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:13 am

At the moment we are working on site speed and efficiencies. Once this is complete we will return to our feature set, one of which is stolen photo recognition systems. This will hopefully clean the feed up

Unfortunately at the moment we have an influx of wannabe 'get rich quick' snappers and we need them to feed through the system to get back to the proper photographers

I should point out though, it doesn't have to be specifically a photographer that looks at your imagery to generate a paid view. Limiting the platform to only photographers would limit the audience significantly

dabhand16

Post by dabhand16 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:14 am

kkmphotos wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 am
In Clickasnap I'm new, but have the same issue as the post owner. While going trough the explore feed, I don't see the pictures I would like to see - real photographer work.
See my reply to paulgame.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 am

If you're looking for photographers i would recommend this thread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1525

dabhand16

Post by dabhand16 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:36 pm

tomoswald wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:09 am
If you're looking for photographers i would recommend this thread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1525
Good shout Tom.

dabhand16

Post by dabhand16 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:09 pm

dabhand16 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:11 am
I rarely look at my feed which now just seems to consist of stuff from Opus and I would not consider that is the place to find new photographers anyway.
Just had a look at my feed and it is back to normal!! Yippee......

kkmphotos

Post by kkmphotos » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:49 pm

dabhand16 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:14 am
kkmphotos wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 am
In Clickasnap I'm new, but have the same issue as the post owner. While going trough the explore feed, I don't see the pictures I would like to see - real photographer work.
See my reply to paulgame.
Thanks for the reply!

But is it possible not to post pictures, if it cannot find the camera with it was taken? Almost every post I see, it shows - camera not recognized. So if the site cannot find the camera picture was taken, so it could be fake? Ore there is another reason for that problem?