Spam

Discuss anything you like here
foreigner

Re: Spam

Post by foreigner » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:16 pm

Irene_Carson wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:05 am
I suspect that these five users are the same person, or at the very least they share a computer with the same auto-correct/auto-complete data.
Interesting observation! I have noticed some idiosyncrasies between accounts like that (not those 5), but didn't put much thought into it, except that maybe they were copying comments from other users. It would be interesting to know the outcome of this; I see those accounts are suspended at the moment.
dylanburgess wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 pm
But as with all things on CaS it goes to Tom and the Devs etc to decide if any action is appropriate against certain users(so no action is taken until and investigation has been done). End of the day they can dig deep within the system, all we are doing here is reporting "potential" spam.
Good perspective. I know that I hesitate to push that report button or mention in the forum unless I'm very confident about a photo or user, but I just saw Tom's comment in the FB group about reported users getting notified with a chance to respond, and that seems like an important step that gives me more peace about doing so.

dylanburgess

Post by dylanburgess » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:01 pm

foreigner wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:16 pm

Good perspective. I know that I hesitate to push that report button or mention in the forum unless I'm very confident about a photo or user, but I just saw Tom's comment in the FB group about reported users getting notified with a chance to respond, and that seems like an important step that gives me more peace about doing so.
I left and deleted everything to do with FB, so don't see the threads there. Would be great if thigs got posted here more often. Maybe when a thread is started about spam and/or begging...just a little explanation about what happens after a report, may help put peoples minds at rest?

But must say NOT missing FB or IG one bit....feel like I have removed some shackles ;) Now just need to find where all my time has gone to get posting photos again :?

dylanburgess

Post by dylanburgess » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:58 am

bjammin

Post by bjammin » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:08 pm

lindamansfield

Post by lindamansfield » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:14 am

I have just joined and I do thank people for comments on my pics but I notice most of them are just one word replies. I suppose on any other site it would be considered spam but how many different ways can you thank people. Is it best not to thank people at all?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:34 am

lindamansfield wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:14 am
I have just joined and I do thank people for comments on my pics but I notice most of them are just one word replies. I suppose on any other site it would be considered spam but how many different ways can you thank people. Is it best not to thank people at all?
Replies are not the problem. It’s the first one word comment that is being repeated across thousands of photos by a small number of users that we consider spam

foreigner

Post by foreigner » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:22 am

What about a user with no photos telling me I need to learn to take better photos? :lol: At least, that's what Google Translate told me it said. :?

https://www.clickasnap.com/i/2umldrpudxytc8bg
https://www.clickasnap.com/haingotian

lindamansfield

Post by lindamansfield » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:23 am

foreigner wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:22 am
What about a user with no photos telling me I need to learn to take better photos? :lol: At least, that's what Google Translate told me it said. :?

https://www.clickasnap.com/i/2umldrpudxytc8bg
https://www.clickasnap.com/haingotian
You get these people on all sites. I belong to quite a few writing sites where some just love to make inflammatory comments. Clickasnap is a kind of new project and I know I'm not the best but I really enjoy the fact that people look at my pics. You can rest assured that your pics are beautiful. :)

foreigner

Post by foreigner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:33 pm

User https://www.clickasnap.com/chaosm with "Nice" on 10 photos in a row

scdronemedia

Post by scdronemedia » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:41 pm

dylanburgess wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 pm
Seems I missed quite a thread...damn life and work getting in way.

I support this and the reporting of spam comments to garner views for themselves and/or to indicate within a click circle that they have given a view now please reciprocate said view. I can understand some having concerns about this and I am sure some genuine users could get caught up and reported. But as with all things on CaS it goes to Tom and the Devs etc to decide if any action is appropriate against certain users(so no action is taken until and investigation has been done). End of the day they can dig deep within the system, all we are doing here is reporting "potential" spam.

The way to look at this and other actions being taken is that it benefits the whole community and genuine users....the recent pay per view increase has come about due to action against click circle behaviour. So report any suspicious behaviour and it will be looked into.....heck if someone reported me, I would be more than happy to provide any information or such that is asked for.
I agree totally Dylan.