Spam

Discuss anything you like here
tomoswald

Spam

Post by tomoswald » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:59 am

I for one am getting fed up of the one word comments on my images. We know these are people fishing for views by proxy and likely click circles thus are detrimental to the platform. We are introducing a new system that will hopefully discourage these users from using the platform, as if we can't remove them from the platform then no serious photographers will ever want to use us properly. If you feel someone is spamming your content, but not actually begging then please post a link to their profile in this thread

fvdridder

Re: Spam

Post by fvdridder » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:46 pm

I largely agree with you and especially if it's always the same persons with the same word like 'nice' or 'great'. Sometimes though one word might express a genuine interest, like 'Wow!' or 'Beautiful' and if it's not done on ever single image I don't consider it spam. I might even have been guilty of it myself on occasion, never with the intention to fish though. But let's hope it stops! I will pay more attention myself ;-)

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:25 pm

fvdridder wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:46 pm
I largely agree with you and especially if it's always the same persons with the same word like 'nice' or 'great'. Sometimes though one word might express a genuine interest, like 'Wow!' or 'Beautiful' and if it's not done on ever single image I don't consider it spam. I might even have been guilty of it myself on occasion, never with the intention to fish though. But let's hope it stops! I will pay more attention myself ;-)
a one word comment every now and then really isn't a problem. When it is the same one word comment, every single day on 50 images in a row, it becomes a problem as far as we are concerned

fvdridder

Post by fvdridder » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:58 pm

I totally agree.

fvdridder

Post by fvdridder » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:24 pm

Talking about spam, I got this from https://www.clickasnap.com/m5rexz

-----
m5rexz1 minute agoAmazing Shot.....!

If You're Looking For Extra Ways to Earn Money Online, You Might Want to Check Out This Training....

http://bit.ly/6FigureAffiliateFreeTraining

I've Been Trying It Out And Earning Very Well. I've Heard That People With Creative Skills Do The Best So Maybe It Would Work For You Better Than Me

Thanks....
-----

This is really something we don't need.

chrismrwick

Post by chrismrwick » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:41 am

Hello. If we speak about spam.. About a same word in 50 photos then we need report the most users .. I do not thing is like this. I mean. A spam user is spam in every picture is find. But the people who not spam they comment in a really nice photos. To report a user who is just wrote same comment.. I ask my self. If you not wrote nice great or wonderful.. Ok what exactly we need wrote In users? Wow my friend so much nice? I mean a lot people not want wrote all this and just comment with one word.. Report a user who is try and work to make really good photos. And just check others and comment what him like but with a simply same word. Is unfair..

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:45 am

chrismrwick wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:41 am
Hello. If we speak about spam.. About a same word in 50 photos then we need report the most users .. I do not thing is like this. I mean. A spam user is spam in every picture is find. But the people who not spam they comment in a really nice photos. To report a user who is just wrote same comment.. I ask my self. If you not wrote nice great or wonderful.. Ok what exactly we need wrote In users? Wow my friend so much nice? I mean a lot people not want wrote all this and just comment with one word.. Report a user who is try and work to make really good photos. And just check others and comment what him like but with a simply same word. Is unfair..
Writing the comment 'Nice' on 50 photos is spam.

JLowPhotos

Post by JLowPhotos » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:46 am

This guy has commented on at least a dozen of my images each day for the last week and every single comment is one word. I've looked at his profile and I'm sure that his images are stock as well.

https://www.clickasnap.com/ashwani26

JLowPhotos

Post by JLowPhotos » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:48 am

chrismrwick wrote:
Chris I've had the same user comment on at least 12 of my images each day for the last week and all he puts is 'Nice!!!'.

For me that's spam.

chrismrwick

Post by chrismrwick » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:55 am

tomoswald wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:45 am
chrismrwick wrote:
Writing the comment 'Nice' on 50 photos is spam.

Same like writing comment beautiful in 50 photos same like writing comment <3 in 50 photos.. Or we speak for the word nice it is a problem?