When did my free account stop recieving paid views, and why was I not informed about this?

Discuss anything you like here
jaysee_photo

When did my free account stop recieving paid views, and why was I not informed about this?

Post by jaysee_photo » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:04 pm

Hello

As the title of this topic is self-explanatory, I will leave it to admin, or whoever else can provide an answer to this. I opened my account a few years ago and was still under the impression that my photos were earning some paid views. But it seems like I now have to take out a paid subscription to get paid views?! Can someone explain please?

I would, of course, like to be paid the revenue that my photos earned while still under the (previous) free account AND paid views business model, even though they haven't reached the threshold of withdrawal. I think that's only right and proper given the change.

Jason

tomoswald

Re: When did my free account stop recieving paid views, and why was I not informed about this?

Post by tomoswald » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:39 pm

Free accounts were demonetised sometime ago due to abuse I’m afraid

https://youtu.be/1el4p20Eehc

https://youtu.be/wlaWNS-j_AA

jaysee_photo

Re: When did my free account stop recieving paid views, and why was I not informed about this?

Post by jaysee_photo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:01 pm

Hi Tom

I have watched your YouTube videos. And I understand what you have spoken about including your decision-making process. However, you do not address the main issue that I raised in my original post here. Do you not think it is right to pay people like me up to the day when you changed some crucial details of your "paid views" business plan? Monetarily, I am the one loosing out here, not you. I can see that many of my images have been viewed over the last 18 months and continue to be. ALL of my content is my own, so they do not fall into any of the fraudulent categories that you mention in your videos.

Will you pay me what my images earned during the time that they were getting paid views? Many people, including myself, had the trust in this site that it would provide some small revenue in the long-term for individual users and a viable and profitable business for the owner(s). This site / business was built on honesty and community, and with that in mind I ask that you pay me.

Regards
Jason

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:13 pm

As a business, which at that time was providing a free service, we have the full rights to withdraw that service if it is detrimental to the business which you fully agreed to when signing up to the platform.

We changed our operating parameters to ensure the success of the business. If you had been using the platform at that time you would have had the option to upgrade and therefore continue with your paid views

If you wish to be paid and continue to receive paid views then it is a fee of £2 per month

jaysee_photo

Post by jaysee_photo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:10 pm

Thank you for your very business-like and cold reply. Yes, of course you have the right to change your business model after profiting from other people's creativity. But I stand by my original question: do you think it is right what you have done? The money that I would otherwise have been owed has now been absorbed into your business.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 am

If we hadn’t done it the business wouldn’t exist anymore and tens of thousands of photographers would have lost a revenue stream that they currently have. On top of that, payments per view would still be circa 0.1 cents rather than the current 0.7c

It has also meant we don’t have to deal with anywhere near the volume of spam and scammers as we did have to

It has reduced our server costs

It has allowed us to employ a large team to bring the new website online and thus increase the user experience by orders of magnitude thus lead to increases in sales and further increases in the payment per view aspect of the site

So, yes. I believe the right decision was made relative to the circumstances involved

foreigner

Post by foreigner » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:14 pm

Honestly, most views here are driven by interaction with other users on the site. If you were inactive for so long, I would be surprised if you accumulated many paid views in that time.

belzybob

Post by belzybob » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:54 am

foreigner wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:14 pm
Honestly, most views here are driven by interaction with other users on the site. If you were inactive for so long, I would be surprised if you accumulated many paid views in that time.
Exactly my thoughts when I read the whining messages from this tosser.