If you could have 1 thing..

Discuss anything you like here
tomoswald

If you could have 1 thing..

Post by tomoswald » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:24 pm

If you could have 1 thing on the platform what would it be?

mantere

Re: If you could have 1 thing..

Post by mantere » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:49 pm

That's a hard choice. But I'm going to say more configurable Feed. I would like to personalize the Feed page more to my liking, right now I don't really fancy it at all.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:51 pm

mantere wrote:That's a hard choice. But I'm going to say more configurable Feed. I would like to personalize the Feed page more to my liking, right now I don't really fancy it at all.
What sort of configuring?

Carien

Post by Carien » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:03 pm

Finally I have managed to enter this topic without getting logged out (about 15 times...)!

I would love to be able to reply to feed comments!

rangewoman_inc

Post by rangewoman_inc » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:24 pm

tomoswald wrote:If you could have 1 thing on the platform what would it be?
Many things already have been addressed, but here it goes:

Actually, it's two things, but it should only count as one since I would have posted this in a separate thread.

I love Twitter. It's my favorite social media platform and I've met a lot of great people there included photographers (who I then invited to this platform). Tom, you and your team are very open to your clients a.k.a. users. As someone who works in marketing and advertisement—it's something that I encourage among my clients. This site is doing well and I would like to see Click A Snap succeed and I bet I'm not the only one.

1. Hashtag (I would have mentioned it in a separate post). You should register the hashtag:

#clickasnap

This should show up when someone shares a photo on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and so on. These platforms all use hashtags.

https://twubs.com/p/register-hashtag

The benefits are branding. Besides, it makes it easier for people to find photos that are on Click A Snap (think retweeting). You don't have to look up your followers' feed but can use the hashtag. It would also make it easier for the Click A Snap Twitter account to find things that have been posted. Also, the hashtag provides the possibility to have conversations on Twitter.

So the tweet (or whatever you post on social media) would look like this:

Instead of:

My Photo Needs A Name / clickasnap (URL)

it would be:

My Photo Needs A Name / #clickasnap (URL)

2. What I would love is the Twitter handle automatically being added. At the moment it's

She has posted a great photo / Clickasnap (URL)

with the Twitter handle added and the hashtag, it would be

She as posted a great photo / #clickasnap via @TheAspenStand

The problem is that I have to look up the photographer's profile first to get the Twitter handle. In addition, some people have Twitter accounts and sadly forgot to add it to their Click A Snap bio.

I think the Twitter handle and the hashtag would create more noise on Twitter and also connect more people from Click A Snap. It's a good way to build a community. For all those that don't have a homepage or a blog—don't forget to put a backlink to your profile on Click A Snap in your Twitter or other social media account bio.

MichaelJP

Post by MichaelJP » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:43 pm

I may be the minority here or possibly the only one, but an updated Upload page would fantastic, for example,

I would like to be able to type in my titles, descriptions, and tags before my images go live.I'm not sure if that

is currently achievable, so correct me if I'm wrong? I'm not particularly fond of the tiny description box either.

Other than that, I love the site and you and your team are doing an awesome job. :D

mhemig

Post by mhemig » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:54 pm

I agree with Carien. I'd love to be able to reply to a comment (without photo) that someone posts in their feed. That way we could have an actual conversation. You want us to "Tell your subscribers something exciting!", but when we do they can't reply to it.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:18 pm

mhemig wrote:I agree with Carien. I'd love to be able to reply to a comment (without photo) that someone posts in their feed. That way we could have an actual conversation. You want us to "Tell your subscribers something exciting!", but when we do they can't reply to it.
Good point

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:21 pm

rangewoman_inc wrote:
tomoswald wrote:If you could have 1 thing on the platform what would it be?
Many things already have been addressed, but here it goes:

Actually, it's two things, but it should only count as one since I would have posted this in a separate thread.

I love Twitter. It's my favorite social media platform and I've met a lot of great people there included photographers (who I then invited to this platform). Tom, you and your team are very open to your clients a.k.a. users. As someone who works in marketing and advertisement—it's something that I encourage among my clients. This site is doing well and I would like to see Click A Snap succeed and I bet I'm not the only one.

1. Hashtag (I would have mentioned it in a separate post). You should register the hashtag:

#clickasnap

This should show up when someone shares a photo on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and so on. These platforms all use hashtags.

https://twubs.com/p/register-hashtag

The benefits are branding. Besides, it makes it easier for people to find photos that are on Click A Snap (think retweeting). You don't have to look up your followers' feed but can use the hashtag. It would also make it easier for the Click A Snap Twitter account to find things that have been posted. Also, the hashtag provides the possibility to have conversations on Twitter.

So the tweet (or whatever you post on social media) would look like this:

Instead of:

My Photo Needs A Name / clickasnap (URL)

it would be:

My Photo Needs A Name / #clickasnap (URL)

2. What I would love is the Twitter handle automatically being added. At the moment it's

She has posted a great photo / Clickasnap (URL)

with the Twitter handle added and the hashtag, it would be

She as posted a great photo / #clickasnap via @TheAspenStand

The problem is that I have to look up the photographer's profile first to get the Twitter handle. In addition, some people have Twitter accounts and sadly forgot to add it to their Click A Snap bio.

I think the Twitter handle and the hashtag would create more noise on Twitter and also connect more people from Click A Snap. It's a good way to build a community. For all those that don't have a homepage or a blog—don't forget to put a backlink to your profile on Click A Snap in your Twitter or other social media account bio.
I have just registered the hashtag Clickasnap, currently very very few users use twitter so right now it might not be worth our limited budget to integrate it. Plus im not too sure of twitters future currently..

TheAspenStand

Post by TheAspenStand » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:47 am

tomoswald wrote:
mhemig wrote:I agree with Carien. I'd love to be able to reply to a comment (without photo) that someone posts in their feed. That way we could have an actual conversation. You want us to "Tell your subscribers something exciting!", but when we do they can't reply to it.
Good point
Yes that is a good one.