Who are you?

Discuss anything you like here
bobedwards

Re: Who are you?

Post by bobedwards » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:47 am

StevenJB wrote:
tomoswald wrote:Michel, all you seem to do is antagonise me and other users of the platform. I strongly suggest you refrain from this or i'll just remove you
I agree...Just another photo snob that thinks he is better than everyone else. I do not upload photos anymore but I keep an eye on the forum and he does annoy me but I tend to ignore him.
Hi Steven,

Nice to see you posting on the forum, this idiot targeted me for no apparent reason and began making silly comments on my images, Tom has removed him from the site which demonstrates his commitment to making ClickASnap the great platform that it is.

It would be lovely to see you posting some of your photographs again.

Bob

StevenJB

Post by StevenJB » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:56 am

bobedwards wrote:
StevenJB wrote:
tomoswald wrote:Michel, all you seem to do is antagonise me and other users of the platform. I strongly suggest you refrain from this or i'll just remove you
I agree...Just another photo snob that thinks he is better than everyone else. I do not upload photos anymore but I keep an eye on the forum and he does annoy me but I tend to ignore him.
Hi Steven,

Nice to see you posting on the forum, this idiot targeted me for no apparent reason and began making silly comments on my images, Tom has removed him from the site which demonstrates his commitment to making ClickASnap the great platform that it is.

It would be lovely to see you posting some of your photographs again.

Bob
Hi Bob.

I noticed not just you, but others also. I kept out of it but when I saw Tom's reply I just wanted to say I agree with him. He obviously thought he was the greatest photographer and never really had anything nice to say. Glad he has gone now.

To be fair...my photos really are not good enough for this site, which is why I linked my Instagram on my profile.

claviger

Post by claviger » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Dont be daft Steven your photos are good. Get some more uploaded here

I bet we all think that of our own work, I know I do but what you think crap others will be amazed by. Thats still something I still cant get my head round when I look at one of my shots and instantly dismiss it as rubbish but then someone says why they like it and what qualities it has for them...amazes me haha

its subjective isnt it.

But any way Steven, if you're selling any gear...drop me a message ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D
Last edited by claviger on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

dylanburgess

Post by dylanburgess » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:48 pm

Hello all who have introduced themselves here over past week or so.

Apart from greeting you all, wanted to quote this, as I agree 100%. I am my own worst critic and am never surprised when I get likes and amazing comments from fellow CaS'pers. So I would encourage people to join and keep uploading.
claviger wrote:I bet we all think that of our own work, I know I do but what you think crap others will be amazed by. Thats still something I still cant get my head round when I look at one of my shots and instantly dismiss it as rubbish but then someone says why they like it and what it qualities it has for them...amazes me haha

StevenJB

Post by StevenJB » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:21 pm

claviger wrote:Dont be daft Steven your photos are good. Get some more uploaded here

I bet we all think that of our own work, I know I do but what you think crap others will be amazed by. Thats still something I still cant get my head round when I look at one of my shots and instantly dismiss it as rubbish but then someone says why they like it and what qualities it has for them...amazes me haha

its subjective isnt it.

But any way Steven, if you're selling any gear...drop me a message ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D
Sorry, but I ended up giving it all to my daughter, she is doing photography at school and is a great photographer, better than a lot of the so called professionals on this site, in my humble opinion.

mariusionut96

Post by mariusionut96 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:16 am

Hello everybody! My name is Marius-Ionut Jianu, born in 1996 in Romania, where I still currently live. I fell in love with taking photos since I was 14 years old, I literally took a snap of whatever I found interesting with smartphone's camera. My uncle knew about my passion, so he gave me his Olympus SP-510UZ as a gift when I turned 18. I had fun with it, until silly me broke it. It fell off my tripod as a strong wind was blowing that night. I should've spent more on a tripod. Or at least check the weather for that time. Well, as time went by, at the age of 20 I managed to save some money to buy my first D-SLR, a Canon 100D / Rebel SL1. I liked it for its small form factor, for I have small hobbit hands. I'm currently an amateur, always trying to learn more and get better. I'm now saving money to attend to a photography school so I can learn even more and get a diploma, which hopefully will help me find some associates to accept me and take me to different events. I lack the courage to apply for a job in this domain, because I know that I still have a lot to learn and I fear that I will fail to reach their expectations. Maybe with time I will believe more in myself and my skills, that's why I love when people comment at my photos. It makes me feel like I'm beginning to do something good, step by step. That's all I have to say for the moment, have a good one folks! :D

bobedwards

Post by bobedwards » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 am

mariusionut96 wrote:Hello everybody! My name is Marius-Ionut Jianu, born in 1996 in Romania, where I still currently live. I fell in love with taking photos since I was 14 years old, I literally took a snap of whatever I found interesting with smartphone's camera. My uncle knew about my passion, so he gave me his Olympus SP-510UZ as a gift when I turned 18. I had fun with it, until silly me broke it. It fell off my tripod as a strong wind was blowing that night. I should've spent more on a tripod. Or at least check the weather for that time. Well, as time went by, at the age of 20 I managed to save some money to buy my first D-SLR, a Canon 100D / Rebel SL1. I liked it for its small form factor, for I have small hobbit hands. I'm currently an amateur, always trying to learn more and get better. I'm now saving money to attend to a photography school so I can learn even more and get a diploma, which hopefully will help me find some associates to accept me and take me to different events. I lack the courage to apply for a job in this domain, because I know that I still have a lot to learn and I fear that I will fail to reach their expectations. Maybe with time I will believe more in myself and my skills, that's why I love when people comment at my photos. It makes me feel like I'm beginning to do something good, step by step. That's all I have to say for the moment, have a good one folks! :D

Welcome to ClickASnap and thank you for sharing your story, I know you will love it here and I look forward to seeing a lot more of your photographs. If you haven't already, check out the You Tube videos by Mike Browne https://www.youtube.com/user/photoexposed

mariusionut96

Post by mariusionut96 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Welcome to ClickASnap and thank you for sharing your story, I know you will love it here and I look forward to seeing a lot more of your photographs. If you haven't already, check out the You Tube videos by Mike Browne https://www.youtube.com/user/photoexposed
I already love it here, I'm very glad to be part of such friendly and welcoming community, and I must mention that I'm here thanks to Mike's video about this site, being subscribed to his channel for almost 2 years.

JLowPhotos

Post by JLowPhotos » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:20 pm

My normal job is as a purchase ledger clerk, it's as boring as it sounds but at the moment I'm working for the company that's building the new Mersey Gateway Bridge between Widnes and Runcorn. I've been into photography since I was about 10 when my dad got me my first camera. I'm hoping that I'll be able to turn photography into more of a career than a hobby in the near future.

gjesdal

Post by gjesdal » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:57 pm

Hello all!
I'm Kenneth and I'm from Norway.

I've been telling friends of mine for a few years now "if only we were paid a little bit for each view we got on Flickr etc...."
So when I recently came across ClickASnap.. I just took a quick peak and here I am :-)

Most of my personal work I can't post here since nudes are not allowed yet, but I do bring cameras with me when I scout locations and I like going to zoo's :-)