Who are you?

Discuss anything you like here
JLowPhotos

Re: Who are you?

Post by JLowPhotos » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:15 am

gjesdal wrote:Hello all!
I'm Kenneth and I'm from Norway.

I've been telling friends of mine for a few years now "if only we were paid a little bit for each view we got on Flickr etc...."
So when I recently came across ClickASnap.. I just took a quick peak and here I am :-)

Most of my personal work I can't post here since nudes are not allowed yet, but I do bring cameras with me when I scout locations and I like going to zoo's :-)
Hi Kenneth,

I've seen quite a bit of your work on 500px and the photos you have posted on here so far have been up to your usual brilliant standards.

I just wish I could take photos as good as you and quite a few others on here.

gjesdal

Post by gjesdal » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:59 am

JLowPhotos wrote:
Hi Kenneth,

I've seen quite a bit of your work on 500px and the photos you have posted on here so far have been up to your usual brilliant standards.

:oops: Those words were really so kind that I had to get up and walk a bit, I'm trying to deal with praise, but it doesn't come natural...

As for taking better photos, that is my goal as well. There is so much to learn and so many people to learn from, isn't it amazing? Youtube, books, magazines, websites like this...

bobedwards

Post by bobedwards » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:39 pm

gjesdal wrote:
JLowPhotos wrote:
Hi Kenneth,

:oops: Those words were really so kind that I had to get up and walk a bit, I'm trying to deal with praise, but it doesn't come natural...

As for taking better photos, that is my goal as well. There is so much to learn and so many people to learn from, isn't it amazing? Youtube, books, magazines, websites like this...

Couldn't agree more the images you have posted on ClickASnap are excellent nice to have you with us.

gjesdal

Post by gjesdal » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:00 pm

bobedwards wrote:
Couldn't agree more the images you have posted on ClickASnap are excellent nice to have you with us.
Thank you very much!

sophiasb99

Post by sophiasb99 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm Sophia and I live in Norwich, UK! Im only 18 and im relatively new to photography. My boyfriend bought me my Sony DSCH300 as my graduation present in June and I have been glued to it since! Looking to probably upgrade to a DSLR soon but for now I'm happy with my Sony! I have had my photos in the local newspapers and just wanted to introduce myself on here! Would love to connect with as many photographers as possible and keep improving!

JLowPhotos

Post by JLowPhotos » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:24 pm

sophiasb99 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:44 pm
I'm Sophia and I live in Norwich, UK! Im only 18 and im relatively new to photography. My boyfriend bought me my Sony DSCH300 as my graduation present in June and I have been glued to it since! Looking to probably upgrade to a DSLR soon but for now I'm happy with my Sony! I have had my photos in the local newspapers and just wanted to introduce myself on here! Would love to connect with as many photographers as possible and keep improving!
Hi Sophia, great to have you on the site. The best way to connect with other photographers is by viewing, liking and commenting on there photos oh and also following them.

bespokealbums

Post by bespokealbums » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:43 am

I am Claudia Hunt from Bespoke Albums. We offer a service whereby we create photobooks for clients who do not have the time to create them themselves. Simply upload your photos, select style/size of album and we take it from there. Would any photographers (wedding, family, etc) who don't currently offer albums to their clients be interested in this service? Would you recommend us to clients?
Thanks for your replies!

gsain123

Post by gsain123 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:04 am

Hello clicksnap!
I am new here very happy to be here and meet all members of clicksnap :)

bobedwards

Post by bobedwards » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Nice to have you with us, looking forward to seeing your photographs!

jim_graves

Post by jim_graves » Tue May 29, 2018 6:12 pm

Jim Graves here, I am a novice enthusiastic amateur photographer after taking the plunge and stepping away from my happy snapping days and taking Photography more seriously. In February 2017 I bought a Pentax Sp1000 and a Helios 44m-4 from ebay for a pittance and went out on my first lesson with my friend Owen Hereward Evans. He taught me the basics and encouraged me to try things out and opened my eyes to the world around us. I soon bought another Pentax, an SP500 as the SP1000 really needs a good service, but hey it was cheap. I went on a spree of buying more lenses, I have a fine collection of TamronAD2 lenses which, coupled with the SP500 and a supply of cheap 35mm film I got from a local discount store, saw me through the first few months. It taught me to look, to think and to make the most of the limited amount of exposures I had available and I'm glad I went the 35mm route to start with. Some months later I had saved up enough to buy a decent second hand Nikon D90 with a low shutter count and a Nikkor 70-210mm f4-5.6 and have been steadily gaining confidence and enjoying myself. Owen has been a great help by giving me little exercises to try and he introduced me to Mike Browne's excellent tutorials on you tube. It didn't take long to realise how far I had come yet how far there will always be to go as I continue to enjoy photography. I welcome any helpful comments and tips on the photo's I share on Clickasnap and it's a pleasure to be here.