Portrait / Landscape

Discuss anything you like here
expostfactor

Portrait / Landscape

Post by expostfactor » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi i'm trying to set up a print product of one of my images which is in portrait.
When added as a print in the ecom system it shows it as a landscape cropping it heavily is there anyway round this, I know its still in it infancy but just thought i'd point it out.

cheers.

tomoswald

Re: Portrait / Landscape

Post by tomoswald » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:44 pm

You can zoom in and out during the cropping process. Also if you've picked a landscape product and using a portrait picture it will crop heavily and vice versa

expostfactor

Post by expostfactor » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:51 pm

I've been looking through, and all print templates seem to be landscape 8X6, 10x8 etc can't seem to find any portrait 6x8, 8x10 etc

I understand the cropping if the image is of the wrong dimensions but unable to find any portrait templates.

any help would be appreciated.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:20 pm

There are certainly portrait options, will find out more when i get back to the office

peter_rudolf

Post by peter_rudolf » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:21 pm

This still seems to be an issue I have the same problem, any sign of a resolution?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:21 pm

Tomorrow or tuesday, we only agreed to go ahead with the software on friday

peter_rudolf

Post by peter_rudolf » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:07 am

Hi Tom, Did this happen, I seem to get most hits for several of my portrait orientated photos and of course I figure they are the ones to offer for sale. I had a look yesterday to add some of the portrait format pictures to the market place and same problem still seems to exist, no choice for portrait orientated pictures in the size options i.e. no 5x7 only 7x5. Admittedly I was only looking at the photo prints not wall displays or framed prints. There is no way to rotate the pictures in the limited edit options either! Yes I could load a portrait picture as landscape format but that really looks off putting.

Are the prints printed automatically by machine from the instructions contained within the site or does a human actually look at them? Obviously if its the later the person looking at the print request would see that it's a portrait orientation and hopefully print it that way. But of course that then raises the question did the photographer/buyer actually want it to be cropped in that manner?

For me a simple rotate button would resolve it rather than adding more and more size options.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Peter,

Yes there is now a dynamic DPI software in place that solves the resolution problem on the vast majority of photos

all the picture printing is actually managed by humans at one vision imaging you can see the actual process here http://blog.clickasnap.com/2016/11/10/w ... s-anymore/

I will look at getting a rotate option added to the ecomerce section once we have finished the profile and feeds on the site

grahambowkett

Post by grahambowkett » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:43 pm

In other words portrait oriented images cannot be sold to be printed at this time?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:25 am

Yes they can be, all images are hand printed therefore if a portrait image arrives at the printers they automatically orientate it correctly. It’s an unusual system but it works