Bugs

Discuss anything you like here
naabeille

Re: Bugs

Post by naabeille » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:42 pm

Oh... I get it. I just noticed that the person who liked my image was not in fact someone who had an account. Before it would write "Someone liked (name of the picture)" now it writes "RASena liked (name of the picture)" and RASena is in blue and you can click on it as if it was an account. I will send you the screenshot.
EDIT: I just sent you the email, but I'm not sure you received it... I get back a message that says it did not work? I will try again later.

robbe76

Post by robbe76 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:48 pm

One thing that could be called a bug is when you look at e.g. Explore -> Latest and you scroll several pages down. Then you find a picture you like and click it. When you are ready and hit back to the "Latest" category you are several pages higher and looking at the same pics you have already seen. Then you have to scroll down a lot to get back to where you left. Win7, Opera browser.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:01 pm

This is a design error rather than a bug, it will hopefully be dealt with with the new UI in september

Peter_Thomsen

Post by Peter_Thomsen » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:39 pm

naabeille wrote:Oh... I get it. I just noticed that the person who liked my image was not in fact someone who had an account. Before it would write "Someone liked (name of the picture)" now it writes "RASena liked (name of the picture)" and RASena is in blue and you can click on it as if it was an account. I will send you the screenshot.
EDIT: I just sent you the email, but I'm not sure you received it... I get back a message that says it did not work? I will try again later.
I got a shot of it and reported it.

I noticed something else I often get a notification with one name e.g. Pandymonium liked your image, but when I click it the account is named Captured Moments.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:24 pm

This is probably the same root cause for both errors i would think

venividipinxi

Post by venividipinxi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:19 pm

I think it's been reported before but I can't find it now to find out the status: Even though I have disabled Adblock Plus for clickasnap.com I still get the occasional adblock/donation popup. This happens in Firefox on Windows and on Linux. I haven't noticed this happening in Chrome.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:20 pm

Ok thanks, it has been reported before and is in our to do list

ackhoo

Post by ackhoo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:56 am

Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right place for this... Anyway, there's a post of mine which went up during the period when the counters were kinda conflicted. We were told it will be sorted out. But this one has remained the same so am wondering if it's correct or something didn't get sorted out...
The count shows: 22 views, but only 7 paid views and 12 likes

This is the post: https://www.clickasnap.com/i/utpfn4lp5n2iqvm0 Can tech or someone check on this?
This post shows the clearest difference; there are a few others uploaded during this same period with distinct count differences (eg. half the number of paid views against views, with more likes than paid views)

Most of my posts now only have 1-2 count differences between views and paid views. That's why it seems odd to me.

Thank you, I would appreciate the attention to this.

-AC

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:22 am

Hi Ackhoo, We would suggest using shrunk.co when sharing photos so you can compare your photo views with your click throughs. Whilst bugs do and will occur with the platform this far on after the bug has been fixed the error logs will have been deleted unfortunately

grant_seymour

Post by grant_seymour » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:02 pm

The last image I posted shows the title on the thumb-nail as the file name and not what I actually titled the picture when I uploaded it. This is the first I've seen of this, and the only thing that was different than how I've uploaded in the past was that someone "liked" the image before I was done typing out the description. This might be purely coincidental, but it's the only variable that I can account for that was different. Also, what's with having images available for viewing before a user is ready with the text anyway?