Discuss anything you like here
blueocean64

Re: Account Blocked

Post by blueocean64 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:04 am

same problem, sometimes i have a blank page

tony-smith1

Post by tony-smith1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:51 am

What do you do to get past the blank page? I haven't been able to login with my official account since last Friday.

blueocean64

Post by blueocean64 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:16 pm

I empty the cache of Firefox, I reset the Internet connection (modem) and I restart the computer... but sometimes it's dont work!
other solution "Private window" but you are not logged

tony-smith1

Post by tony-smith1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:00 pm

blueocean64 wrote:I empty the cache of Firefox, I reset the Internet connection (modem) and I restart the computer... but sometimes it's dont work!
other solution "Private window" but you are not logged
I've tried all of that over the past few days, as you can see in my post above. But so far nothing's working. I'm still unable to login to CAS on my original account with my amassing fortune building up in my absence ha ha :lol:

tony-smith1

Post by tony-smith1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi Tom. I appreciate that you & the Dev's are exceptionally busy with more important things and that it's now the weekend. But I was just wondering if any progress has been made on why I still can't get into my original account? Thanks.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:13 pm

We are still looking into it Tony, unfortunately it's a very difficult problem to isolate from a distance

teomanewman

Post by teomanewman » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:21 pm

Delete tony-smith in the database ..
Change the database ID of tony-smith1 to tony-smith's
change tony-smith1 to tony-smith

either works or CAS goes up in smoke :lol:

joking aside, that probably just passes the problem to the new account, has to do with something in the Feed..

joseph_luong

Post by joseph_luong » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:14 pm

I'm not sure if it's any help, but I did have problem trying to log on my account before. No matter what I try, click on login just take me back to front page of clickasnap.
Finally pinned to the problem is because I change the username to a mix of English and Vietnamese letters. I try with 2 new accounts and every time I do that, can't log in after. I'm guessing the system won't recognized anything beside the English alphabet.
That's my experience with log in problem, hope it helps.

teomanewman

Post by teomanewman » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Internationalisation will take a lot of time to implement.

I believe UTF8 is the preferred character table .. anything Not in this table may cause trouble - http://www.utf8-chartable.de/

Better login handling is also definitely required imo

But saying that, UTF8 is supposed to be a universal character table, accepting any character. Database wise it might be fine, but coming out or going in may be what's breaking it.

tony-smith1

Post by tony-smith1 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:07 am

joseph_luong wrote:I'm not sure if it's any help, but I did have problem trying to log on my account before. No matter what I try, click on login just take me back to front page of clickasnap.
Finally pinned to the problem is because I change the username to a mix of English and Vietnamese letters. I try with 2 new accounts and every time I do that, can't log in after. I'm guessing the system won't recognized anything beside the English alphabet.
That's my experience with log in problem, hope it helps.
Thanks for your help Joseph. But I am English & live in England and my user name has always been in English. So I don't think it is my particular issue. I've been able to login with the same user name since I joined last November & nothing has changed. I think the problem lies somewhere with Clickasnap. Hopefully Tom & his able assistants can sort it out soon though. If I start again with this temporary account, I'll lose all my followers/likes/comments and also my amassing millions in my account... ;)