New profile page

Discuss anything you like here
tomoswald
Posts: 4725
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: New profile page

Post by tomoswald » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Mobile and tablet are being worked on currently

dylanburgess
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:53 pm

Re: New profile page

Post by dylanburgess » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Just wanted to say..well done on the new profile page. So good to have everything in 1 place and so easy to use. Will help a great deal going forward for users I think to have everything on a single page. Good job :D

tomoswald
Posts: 4725
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: New profile page

Post by tomoswald » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:02 am

You're welcome and thank you for your feedback Dylan

keithboone
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:02 am

Re: New profile page

Post by keithboone » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:21 am

I really don't understand what I'm seeing now. Using Firefox things looks pretty normal, but with with Google Chrome (my preferred browser) the profile page is complete scrambled.

With either browser the most recently uploaded photo is missing... i.e. recently uploaded starts with photo number 2.

With Google Chrome, changing the zoom level (view...zoom in, or zoom out) completely breaks the page. Zooming in one level renders every photo in triplicate. Zooming out causes each photo to be broken into pieces. In chrome my profile photo moves to the bottom of the page and becomes by far the largest photo on the page.

If I scroll down the page a bit, the left and right thirds of the page become blank, with only the centre third showing anything. If I scroll too quickly the entire page becomes blank.. just white space... which eventually fills back in with content, but only after quite some time. Everything seems slower now.

I can try other web browsers.. as I said Firefox works fairly well. Haven't tried safari yet. I am using Mac 10.11.6 with Google Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit).

keithboone
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:02 am

Re: New profile page

Post by keithboone » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:34 am

In Safari Version 9.1.3 (11601.7.8) nothing works right at all. Go to the Popular Page... photos are not displayed at all. Menus to reach my profile page or the forum just do not work at all.... i.e. click on them and there is no response whatsoever. Nothing happens, nothing works.

joseph_luong
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:04 am

Re: New profile page

Post by joseph_luong » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:49 am

keithboone wrote:I really don't understand what I'm seeing now. Using Firefox things looks pretty normal, but with with Google Chrome (my preferred browser) the profile page is complete scrambled....

I can try other web browsers.. as I said Firefox works fairly well. Haven't tried safari yet. I am using Mac 10.11.6 with Google Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit).
I'm using Windows 10, not Mac OS though, with Chrome same version, everything is working fine for my end. Also tested Edge browser, work fine all day.

tomoswald
Posts: 4725
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: New profile page

Post by tomoswald » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:27 am

keithboone wrote:In Safari Version 9.1.3 (11601.7.8) nothing works right at all. Go to the Popular Page... photos are not displayed at all. Menus to reach my profile page or the forum just do not work at all.... i.e. click on them and there is no response whatsoever. Nothing happens, nothing works.
Try force refreshing your cache Keith

keithboone
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:02 am

Re: New profile page

Post by keithboone » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:37 am

tomoswald wrote:
keithboone wrote:In Safari Version 9.1.3 (11601.7.8) nothing works right at all. Go to the Popular Page... photos are not displayed at all. Menus to reach my profile page or the forum just do not work at all.... i.e. click on them and there is no response whatsoever. Nothing happens, nothing works.
Try force refreshing your cache Keith
Ok that makes sense. I tried that for Safari, restarted it, didn't change anything. Can't see photos, can't click on the menus. I'll try it for Chrome shortly

bodo_s
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: New profile page

Post by bodo_s » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:59 pm

The same here, no photos, no menus ... had to install Firefox to get access to the site 8=(

keithboone
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:02 am

Re: New profile page

Post by keithboone » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Clearing the cache in Google Chrome has fixed most things for me. Note: Recent uploads is still missing the most recent posting... it starts with the 2nd most recently uploaded photo.

Apple Safari flat out does not work, even after clearing the cache. This does not affect me personally, but perhaps some people use it?

Post Reply