Wish list

Discuss anything you like here
tomoswald

Wish list

Post by tomoswald » Wed May 17, 2017 9:17 am

We have some major software work to do which will improve image quality and automated marketing systems. However, we have a short break where we can do some site improvements with our existing layout. So, what improvements would you like to see?

The following is going to be addressed:

1) EXIF data reformat
2) improved database access to speed up site
3) When viewing most popular you'll see most popular of all time not just the last few days

tony-smith

Re: Wish list

Post by tony-smith » Wed May 17, 2017 11:52 am

One thing I like about viewing images on Flickr (sorry to keep comparing) is when you click on an image it opens up to full screen, or even zooms right in. I'm not too worried about zooming right in, but it's nice to view an image full screen. Whereas on CAS when you click an image to open it larger, it's only a bit larger & not full screen. It would be nice if an image opened to full screen and is actualy of a decent resolution and not low res.

I'm sure everyone on here including you Tom would far prefer your images to be seen at a decent resolution and to their full potential.

Thanks

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed May 17, 2017 11:56 am

tony-smith wrote:One thing I like about viewing images on Flickr (sorry to keep comparing) is when you click on an image it opens up to full screen, or even zooms right in. I'm not too worried about zooming right in, but it's nice to view an image full screen. Whereas on CAS when you click an image to open it larger, it's only a bit larger & not full screen. It would be nice if an image opened to full screen and is actualy of a decent resolution and not low res.

I'm sure everyone on here including you Tom would far prefer your images to be seen at a decent resolution and to their full potential.

Thanks
I don't disagree, we have a unique and very techy solution to this which we will likely start working on in the summer, it's a big job, but will provide a serious resolution difference in both the thumbnails and the images without imapacting on hosting and distribution costs too much

tony-smith

Post by tony-smith » Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to that. 8-)

leighgoessl

Post by leighgoessl » Wed May 17, 2017 12:08 pm

This isn't about photos, or really even functionality, but is there a way to make the comment (under photos) field a little bigger so two lines can be seen at a time before it's submitted? If I type a short comment I can see it fine in the existing field, but if it's a long sentence or more than a one liner, it's hard to see what I typed before hitting the submit button (to give it a proofread before sending). Not sure if this is the site's layout or if it's just my screen but I thought I'd ask :)

Thanks so much. Look forward to the new stuff coming!

tony-smith

Post by tony-smith » Wed May 17, 2017 12:13 pm

leighgoessl wrote:This isn't about photos, or really even functionality, but is there a way to make the comment (under photos) field a little bigger so two lines can be seen at a time before it's submitted? If I type a short comment I can see it fine in the existing field, but if it's a long sentence or more than a one liner, it's hard to see what I typed before hitting the submit button (to give it a proofread before sending). Not sure if this is the site's layout or if it's just my screen but I thought I'd ask :)

Good point, this really annoys me too. As once you've typed onto a second line, the bottoms of some letters are cut off and it's difficult to make out if you've typed a j, i or such like.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed May 17, 2017 12:22 pm

leighgoessl wrote:This isn't about photos, or really even functionality, but is there a way to make the comment (under photos) field a little bigger so two lines can be seen at a time before it's submitted? If I type a short comment I can see it fine in the existing field, but if it's a long sentence or more than a one liner, it's hard to see what I typed before hitting the submit button (to give it a proofread before sending). Not sure if this is the site's layout or if it's just my screen but I thought I'd ask :)

yes i am sure this can be accommodated

leighgoessl

Post by leighgoessl » Wed May 17, 2017 12:39 pm

tomoswald wrote:

yes i am sure this can be accommodated
Awesome, thanks!

claviger

Post by claviger » Wed May 17, 2017 1:01 pm

When looking at someones Album section is it possible to show how many images are in each individual album when you mouse over the album front image.

This is more of a gripe sorry, I dont like the Promoted section showing in my feed. I've never clicked on any. Its my feed...people that I follow and who follow me, thats all i'm interested in not force fed other images. They're ok on the home page but not on mine.

Thanks

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed May 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Promoted images aren't shown in the feed, or in your personal feed by the way

*edit: nevermind, i know what you mean. If you don't want to see these the pro account removes them